PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle PCL and/or AFP advice

sshinn1
02-14-2012, 11:07 PM
Looking for some advice on these two products. I'm about to polish my truck, it's new so paint is in very good/excellent condition. Reading multiple posts it seems the PCL is actually more of a very fine polish than just a cleaner, and my questions are these:

Is using both products redundant? Should I use one or the other, or both? If I use both, which one first? I think the PCL last, but am not sure.

Is one easier to use than the other? This will me first time using a machine (older PC)

Which one finishes better?

I don't have a lot of pads yet, just a few LC CCS pads, and am considering the following plans:

AFP with white pad by machine, than PCL with red pad by machine or hand

Just PCL with either white pad or red pad, or with white pad and again with red pad

I'm starting with wash/dry and clay bar, ending with SSII wax, just undecided on the middle

Thanks for any advice you can give.

embolism
02-14-2012, 11:44 PM
haven't used either but advanced finishing polish will clean the paint with abrasives and take out any marring if you have any from the clay step. If you have any light swirls from dealer washes or the like, it will remove them also. Use a white pad at speed 5-5.5 and use less pressure on the last few passes on a section.

Paintwork cleansing lotion is more of a pre wax prep, probably has chemical cleaners, maybe fillers, and lays down a foundation for the SSII. Typically, paint cleaners are also used with a white pad at speed 5-5.5 on a pc.

Technically, you can use the afp, then wipedown or wash the truck to get rid of the polishing oils, then apply your wax. Save the pcl for when you want to change or renew your lsp without polishing beforehand.

Of course, it won't hurt anything to use the pcl after the afp (instead of a wipedown or washing) since it will also get rid of the polishing oils.