PDA

View Full Version : ONR air dry???

szjalo
02-14-2012, 10:13 PM
Not sure if this questions is too stupid to ask: after wash with ONR can I simply sheet/ blade the majority of solution and then leave the remaining on the paint and let it air dry?

Since ONR seems to be a great water softer, does it mean the onr solution is as soft as di water? Also if it is used as rinseless, does it mean any remaining chemical won't harm or smear/streak the paint?

I never tried this honestly nut just happen to think about this possibility.

Thanks a lot in advance

embolism
02-14-2012, 10:20 PM
I think this has been asked before. The answer is no. It will leave spots if allowed to dry. Must be wiped dry.

bl3ujay07
02-14-2012, 10:32 PM
Read one of the threads about using the blade to dry vehicles. Easy way to do lots of damage.

embolism
02-14-2012, 10:45 PM
yeah, that too

umi000
02-15-2012, 01:44 AM
It will leave spots if you leave it to dry - you need to spread the polymers around the paint - though those spots will not etch, and can be wiped off with a moist towel.

Chris Thomas
02-15-2012, 11:37 AM
Washing:

You can use a rinseless to skip the rinse step.
You can use RO water to rinse to skip the dry step.

But, you can't leave a rinseless without getting spots and you shouldn't use a blade on paint.

Shawn T.
02-15-2012, 11:37 AM
I have found that if wiped off almost until dry, it does go away streak free. I have found this especially useful when working in the sun.

I definitely does soften the water and can dry streak free if just a slight film is left on the surface. I've watched it happen on black paint.

Let me just say that as I am drying with the second pass, the panel will dry way faster than I can wipe sometimes and just a light pass with the towel will take away any chance of streaking. I go ahead and hit it with the second towel anyway just to be sure though.