PDA

View Full Version : reasonable charge to get a 3-step paint correction with opti-coat

ponzy
02-14-2012, 09:46 PM
Hi guys, i need some honest opinion on how much would you charge for a 3 step paint correction with opti coat. External/paint with windows and trims plus wheel detailing(nothing on interior VERSUS exterior and interior.

And if we are going to talk about "living social" / group buy rates, how much is a decent price for the service. I.e how much is "external kit" for 10 cars......15 cars.....so forth so on....

*external kit - 3paint correction with opticoat*

Hope you guys understand what i meant, Thanks...

Cosmin
02-14-2012, 09:56 PM
here is my honest opinion:
if you plan do correction for living social rates than you must be :hungry: , and i mean it.
for 2 step correction i charge 400 exterior only , and add 50 if the car is black. opticoat from 150 to 200 ,depends how many cars etc.
for 3 step correction and coating is a 2 days project so a min of 800+

Porsche Pilot
02-14-2012, 10:01 PM
I am exactly in step with Cosmin. I am not touching a 3 step with Opti for less than 800. But, you must understand your individual market and know what prices that market can sustain. You don't want to over price but under pricing is worse in the long run IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

glen e
02-14-2012, 10:04 PM
Porsche -

what does that equiv in hours for you?

ponzy
02-14-2012, 10:16 PM
Thanks.... I was quoted $850-$1250 for a group buy rates of 10 cars. Im not the one whos doing the detailing, its just an idea of organizing a group buy with an intent of getting involved in the business -- working as a crew on detailing :)
But i thought, $850 for a 3step with opticoat is a bit much, so i was actually thinking of how to lower the base charge without undermining profits......so if i get like 10 cars, would $650 a piece a lowball? cuz i believe $650 is a good price point on the customers side(considering a 3step plus opticoat) but i really dont know if its reasonable on the detailer's side though...

Edit: i re-read cosmin's input on the charges, i think the 2-step is more reasonable for the price of $600/car with minimum of 10 cars? But to get a good correction, i think claying is a very important step to skip, isnt it? Or do "proffesionals do have a "skilled" intervention of correcting without claying? Pls enlighten me more, thanks :)

ponzy
02-14-2012, 10:36 PM
Forgot to mention this is for honda accord cars.....

C. Charles Hahn
02-14-2012, 10:48 PM
Personally for a job like that you'd probably be looking at ~20 hours and my rate is $40/hr so as others have said, ~$800.

However, I would encourage you to sit down and figure out your own costs/expenses/overhead and set an hourly rate that earns you what you want to be earning. That's much safer than employing the WAG method (Wild @ss Guess) :laughing:

Forgot to mention this is for honda accord cars.....

I don't care if it's an Accord or a Veyron, billable hours are billable hours.

glen e
02-14-2012, 10:50 PM
Instead of utilizing the WAG method of pricing (Wild @ss Guess), I would take the time to sit down and figure out your costs, how long the job typically would take you (hours), and put something together based on an hourly rate you set.

thank you....

ponzy
02-14-2012, 11:10 PM
Thanks charlie, what is a reasonable rate/hour?

Edit: question answered, thanks again charlie :)