PDA

View Full Version : Differences of M06/M66/M83/M86/D151

Hoytman
02-14-2012, 02:35 PM
1. Can someone with knowledge of all of these products thorougly explain the differneces between these products?

2. When to use, and on what types of surface defects is the proper time to use them on?

After reading the descriptions there are subtle (at least to me) differences, but the descriptions, along with flipping back-and-forth between pages makes it hard to compare these products.

I'd even appreciate reading more on M82/M83/M84 as well, and how these compare to M105/M205 <<< ---->>>(which I think, from previous reading, are SMAT technology products).

Mike Phillips
02-14-2012, 03:03 PM
I'm kind of pressed for time today and off tomorrow and then prepping for shooting TV next week with Big Daddy Don Garlits but here's the nutshell answer to the actual question in the subject of this post.

M06
One step cleaner/wax been around for about 30+ years. Very good one-step product.

M66
One-step cleaner/wax, been around about 15+ years, a tick stronger than M06

M83
This is a Cleaner/Polish, medium cut in strength. Uses diminishing abrasives. Part of the Professional Body Shop Line.

M86
This is a one-liquid compound/polish for use in production body shops where they want to minimize confusion in the work force. Vary your pad for heavy cutting or light polishing. This is a SMAT product and it works pretty good.

D151
One step cleaner/wax like M66 only it's a SMAT product whereas M66 is a DAT product.

:)