PDA

View Full Version : What would you charge?

Mike McDonald
02-14-2012, 02:29 PM
So, I'm having a little trouble coming up with a price for this job, it's a little different than what I'm used to but I'm confident I can get it done.

This is a customer of mine from work who heard I detail, so she showed me her car...

Its a accord coupe, and she needs to turn it back in from the lease. There are a two 3 inch long scratches, about as wide as a pencil that have rust now. She wants to me to re-paint, clear coat, blend, then do a minor correction to the vehicle, as she scotch brited a few spots!! ( I yelled at her for this!!)

The correction I have no problem pricing, it's just the painting part. Anyone out there whos done it??

Thanks

Flash Gordon
02-14-2012, 02:34 PM
Charge by the hour, even if its just $20 pr hr

Try wetsanding those scratches before painting. Do you know how to paint a car?

Mike McDonald
02-14-2012, 03:59 PM
Yes, I have painted before. It would just be the scratch and the surrounding area enough to blend it in and make it OK for the lease turn in.

Flash Gordon
02-14-2012, 04:52 PM
Yes, I have painted before. It would just be the scratch and the surrounding area enough to blend it in and make it OK for the lease turn in.

I would say at least $300. Paint is around $100 a quart, plus all the other expenses (clear/sandpaper) and hassle

jamores23
02-15-2012, 10:01 AM