PDA

View Full Version : Is Finish Kare Soil & Coating 100% car friendly?

OHSNAP
02-14-2012, 10:43 AM
I picked up a bottle of Finish Kare Soil & Coating Remover and I just wanted to make sure it is okay to use on ALL parts of a car. Does anyone have any experience using this product, any tips/hints?

Step 1 Finish Kare Soil & Coating Remover/ Wax & Detail Pre-Cleaner 64 oz.

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/autogeek_2198_167443990

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/autogeek_2193_17457978
Step 1 in the Finish Kare Paint Decontamination System.

Finish Kare Soil & Coating Remover / Wax & Detail Pre-Cleaner is part of a four-step system to rid automotive paint of damaging ferrous metals and airborne contaminants. Using this system, you -the professional detailer - can prevent paint damage and create a truly clean, well-protected finish. It all starts with Finish Kare Soil & Coating Remover / Wax & Detail Pre-Cleaner.

Mike Phillips
02-14-2012, 10:55 AM
The company states this is a system that should be used as a system, here's an article I wrote about the system. I've only used this product as a part of the system not by itself.

How To - Finish Kare Paint Contamination Removal System (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/25464-how-paint-contamination-removal-system.html)

:)

Setec Astronomy
02-14-2012, 11:10 AM
Like Mike, I have only used this as part of the system, but I have used it on new cars without any damage. However, it does stink of kerosene/petroleum distillates and any media/buckets you use will have to be aired out afterwards.

ShaunD
02-14-2012, 12:12 PM
If not careful it can cause streaking in the paint. You have to wet the lowest part of the panel you are working first to mitigate streaking, and never allow it to dry while working it. I recommend covering your skin and eyes when using any decontamination products. I used the soil & coating remover in a spray bottle, and like stated, that spray bottle kept the smell until used with apc several times afterwards. If you have ever smelled flea and tick shampoo for horses, that is what this product will probably remind you of.
What is your intent for only using the soil & coating remover? Are you gonna use another iron removing product afterwards? Like stated it meant to be used as a system and when not there are probably no guarantees from Finish Kare.

Bert31
02-14-2012, 06:28 PM
I have heard of some people using the first step of a decon system as a way to remove ALL LSP off a car quickly and easily.

OHSNAP
02-15-2012, 01:37 AM
If not careful it can cause streaking in the paint. You have to wet the lowest part of the panel you are working first to mitigate streaking, and never allow it to dry while working it. I recommend covering your skin and eyes when using any decontamination products. I used the soil & coating remover in a spray bottle, and like stated, that spray bottle kept the smell until used with apc several times afterwards. If you have ever smelled flea and tick shampoo for horses, that is what this product will probably remind you of.
What is your intent for only using the soil & coating remover? Are you gonna use another iron removing product afterwards? Like stated it meant to be used as a system and when not there are probably no guarantees from Finish Kare.

Thanks for all the responses so far guys.

My only real intent is to strip all the wax off my car, and I guess to give it a nice deep cleaning (even though it doesn't really need one). My last waxing didn't go so well and I have a ton of wax/oil residue all over my car, and washing it didn't seem to help.