PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some input..

Ryansdetailing
02-14-2012, 09:34 AM
I like to be prepared for war in my shop when its comes to vehicle exteriors. Im currently replacing all of my products with meguiars. Im ordering 105/205, megs # 83, megs D151, Probably goin to go with the colinite wax, and megs #26 caranuba wax..any other products i should have? Pinnacle or wolfgang preferably!

Setec Astronomy
02-14-2012, 09:37 AM
I'd absolutely skip the #83--it was a great polish in its day, but stick with the 105/205/151 and consider the MF system.

Ryansdetailing
02-14-2012, 10:07 AM
Ok, i just wanted to have something else in between the 105 and 151, id like to get the MF system but every post i read about it they complain about the pads not lasting and gunking up so it was turning me away from it

Setec Astronomy
02-14-2012, 10:19 AM
Ok, i just wanted to have something else in between the 105 and 151, id like to get the MF system but every post i read about it they complain about the pads not lasting and gunking up so it was turning me away from it

If you want to slot something between 105 and 151 look at this thread: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/23583-aggressiveness-order-smat-products-might-surprise-you.html

As far as burning up the MF pads, maybe people are leaning on them a bit too heavy, and also Meg's recommends their specific backing plate which is included in this starter kit: Meguiars DA Microfiber Correction System 5 Inch Starter Kit, paint correction kit, dual action polishing kit (http://www.autogeek.net/da-microfiber-starter-kit-5in.html) Compressed air is a good way to "de-gunk" them.

Ryansdetailing
02-14-2012, 10:43 AM
Awesome, you think i should still go with the 151 if i order the MF kit? I was going to use the 151 as my AIO? Or go with a different AIO?

Setec Astronomy
02-14-2012, 10:59 AM
I don't really know what you are trying to do. If you are running a shop, you're going to need a lot more pads/product than is in that starter kit. The MF system is a 2-step compound/AIO that was targeted at high-volume detail shops that need to make cars look good without the risk of handing a rotary polisher to an unskilled worker.

Depending on what you are doing, there may still be a place for D151.

Ryansdetailing
02-14-2012, 11:15 AM
I run a parttime shop out of my garage, im currently switching suppliers. The majority of my customers are just looking to have clean and shiny cars, so im going to order the 151 for that. I do get very neglected cars, so thats why i was ordering the 105/205. Im also going to order the MF kit to give it a shot. I basically just want to be prepared for anything that comes into my garage. The supplies im using now are from car cleen, theyre horrible, so i basically treated this situation like im a beginner.

Ryansdetailing
02-14-2012, 11:25 AM
Im just putting way to much thought into this..