PDA

View Full Version : How to care for door trim piece

ryanbabz71
02-12-2012, 08:09 PM
I am not a fan of the trim piece on the door of our new Toyota sienna (see attached photo). Shows fingerprints and such. What products do you use/recommend for this area?

Ryan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rider9195
02-12-2012, 08:15 PM
If it is glossy black as it sounds like, you can polish it out. I have done it before on my moms car as seen by Garry Dean doing it in one of his videos. Then I just seal it up with whatever sealant goes on the paint. :props:

manichol
02-12-2012, 08:50 PM
We have the same van. I know exactly what you're talking about. I tried a 50/50. On the sliding door trim with UTTG and left the driver side bare. I wasn't expecting much. But this stuff is awesome and goes a long way! So don't be fooled by the price since it will last a long time.

Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus, tire & trim protectant, tire dressing, rubber protectant (http://www.autogeek.net/ultima-tire-trim-guard.html)

ryanbabz71
02-12-2012, 09:21 PM
Thanks for the tip I will have to try that

Ryan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShinyRex
02-13-2012, 12:49 AM
If it is glossy black as it sounds like, you can polish it out. I have done it before on my moms car as seen by Garry Dean doing it in one of his videos. Then I just seal it up with whatever sealant goes on the paint. :props:

any recommendations on product/pad combo for polishing shiny trim?