PDA

View Full Version : New bee With an Rolls Royce

Sai venkatesh
02-12-2012, 12:08 PM
Hey guys,
Im Very New To Auto Detailing.. Im unable to Choose Which Brand I need Take up, 3m,Maguires, mother's,XMT series, Or something else.. and im ending up in confusion, As the Topic say's. I have a friend of mine Who has an 2009 Rolls Royce Phantom Which has a Swirl marks, I'm really scared to Work on that Rolls Royce! as the Car itself Represents Excellence, And Apart from that here in India we do have Very Tough Road driving Conditions.. What i have Found is a Deep Paint damage over the Lady Rolls Royce at its Door.. As i heard N seen in Rolls Royce Documentary/videos about the Making Of RR's They use Really high Quality and 6-8 coats of paints.. how will I match up to such a quality Of paint (repaint/Touch up) (matching to the Rest of the body color ).. It would be great if Some one help me out.. so that even it may be really helpful in Later Detailing on different car And who ever May face My kind of situation

Advance
thanks

Regards
Sai venkatesh

(note: i don't own this Image.. This is Just for reference Purpose, Source:Google)

tuscarora dave
02-12-2012, 12:16 PM
That damage will likely need to be repaired by a body shop and not a detailer. There appears to be lots of paint transfer in that damaged area but there will most likely be underlying scratches that WILL NOT buff out. If you try to remove the deeper scratches by buffing once the paint transfer is removed you will find yourself in an awkward situation as the primer becomes visible as you buff on and on and on.

Friend or not, I would send him/her to a body shop if he/she expects anything near perfection in the repair of that blemish.

CleanGene
02-12-2012, 12:19 PM
:iagree: I see a body shop in your future.

tuscarora dave
02-12-2012, 12:20 PM
Welcome to the site by the way. I'm not sure of what products are available in India, whether you'll be looking to buy locally or having stuff shipped from over here but I can say that you can't go wrong with Meguiar's products and they do have something for any car care situation that you'll encounter.

Sai venkatesh
02-12-2012, 12:25 PM
That damage will likely need to be repaired by a body shop and not a detailer. There appears to be lots of paint transfer in that damaged area but there will most likely be underlying scratches that WILL NOT buff out. If you try to remove the deeper scratches by buffing once the paint transfer is removed you will find yourself in an awkward situation as the primer becomes visible as you buff on and on and on.

Friend or not, I would send him/her to a body shop if he/she expects anything near perfection in the repair of that blemish.

Thanks Alot Dave! Actually I haven't Got that In My Mind! at All!! But before i refer them to a body shop though i know few very good body shop's around.. Will it be an Easy task to match up the quality? ..

Ill Be thankful if You suggest me one Best Brand! to work on this kind off Cars!

And once again Thank you so Much for Advising Me! And not letting me End up like an Idiot with my Buffer ;)

Sai venkatesh.

Sai venkatesh
02-12-2012, 12:31 PM
Thank you Dave Sir, :)
your Suggestion. Made my Work easy and I Feel Good and better Now :)

tuscarora dave
02-12-2012, 12:46 PM
Thanks Alot Dave! Actually I haven't Got that In My Mind! at All!! But before i refer them to a body shop though i know few very good body shop's around.. Will it be an Easy task to match up the quality? ..

Ill Be thankful if You suggest me one Best Brand! to work on this kind off Cars!

And once again Thank you so Much for Advising Me! And not letting me End up like an Idiot with my Buffer ;)

Sai venkatesh.
You're welcome Sai, Which buffer and pads do you have? I see that you do not own that image and that it was copied from google images, do you have or can you obtain any actual photos of the RR Phantom that show it's current condition?

There are some threads here on doing key scratch repairs that may be helpful but be aware that these repairs have been done by a seasoned veteran of the detailing industry (a real expert) who has tons of experience. I'll save you the searching and paste a link. Here you go, http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/43535-key-repair-step-step-procedure.html While I say that Richy is a real expert, it was by studying the work of him and the other true masters of this field and practicing what I saw in their threads that I have been able to learn and grow in my own abilities. Have a look.

Sai venkatesh
02-13-2012, 11:12 AM
You're welcome Sai, Which buffer and pads do you have? I see that you do not own that image and that it was copied from google images, do you have or can you obtain any actual photos of the RR Phantom that show it's current condition?

There are some threads here on doing key scratch repairs that may be helpful but be aware that these repairs have been done by a seasoned veteran of the detailing industry (a real expert) who has tons of experience. I'll save you the searching and paste a link. Here you go, http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/43535-key-repair-step-step-procedure.html While I say that Richy is a real expert, it was by studying the work of him and the other true masters of this field and practicing what I saw in their threads that I have been able to learn and grow in my own abilities. Have a look.
No sir, I don't Own the image as i mentioned, I Have a normal Rotatory Buffer And Woolen Pads(From my Local Market,As they are lack in QUALITY) ,And I have decided To Make purchase new tools for detailing,planing to Take a brand new kit of buffer,pads,Products,As Im getting on Next level From Basics and that's the reason i asked for Good products suggestion too But still finding hard To choose the Brands(FOR QUALITY PRODUCTS/MACHINE) I NEED TO IMPORT only option for me as i dont find them in my region.. And sure sir,In my next visit ill Take the Pic of the Damaged part and upload.. And Wow!! you have just referred one of the most important part of detailing and Major doubt of Mine!!

Thank you So Much! :)