PDA

View Full Version : Do I need to strip Klasse AIO?

BWG707
02-12-2012, 11:59 AM
On my new car that was throughly cleaned and swirl free I applied Klasse AIO then 2 coats of Collinite 845. Since then, about 3 months, I've applied several different spray waxes afer washings. I would like to know when I decide to redo the Klase AIO should I remove the wax by washing with Dawn, or would be alright to just reapply? Or is there another procedure to use that might be better?

Lasthope05
02-12-2012, 12:25 PM
You could do a dawn wash but you'll be perfectly fine with using just kaio.

embolism
02-12-2012, 12:35 PM
are you using the KAIO by machine or by hand?

if machine, then I would clay first before the kaio

BobbyG
02-12-2012, 12:37 PM
Klasse All-In-One is a cleaner / sealant. It doesn't contain abrasives and will remove any leftover protectants that might still be present.

Start off by giving your car a thorough washing just as you normally would. Test to see if the finish might need a quick clay and if so do this now.

Wipe each panel down then apply Klasse All-In-One as you normally would, let haze, and buff with a soft clean microfiber towel.

BWG707
02-12-2012, 03:33 PM
Thanks for the replies, and I will be applying by hand. Pretty much the same as the first time. Since the surface is still in great shape and it's a white car do you think a polish and/or glaze would do much? It's a pearl white so it can show alittle depth. My plan is KAIO, 2x Collinite 845 and afterwards XMT 360 Spray Wax (I love this stuff) following washes. Any suggestions that might make improvements? I'm not extremely concerned about durability, although I know how durable KAIO and #845 are, because I'm able to wash and wax my car weekly if not more. Please comment if you have any ideas.

Danube
02-12-2012, 07:03 PM
I've tested 845 and many other waxes with 2 or even 3 applications.
To be honest, I couldn't see the benefit nor the difference in the result, especially with white/light colors.

glen e
02-12-2012, 07:46 PM
I've tested 845 and many other waxes with 2 or even 3 applications.
To be honest, I couldn't see the benefit nor the difference in the result, especially with white/light colors.

agreed...stopped doing multiple app of 845 as I could not tell a diff...but it does make sure you have not missed a spot....but no more depth...I think a better way is a sealant like UPGP or CS and then collonite on it.....

Danube
02-12-2012, 07:53 PM
agreed...stopped doing multiple app of 845 as I could not tell a diff...but it does make sure you have not missed a spot....but no more depth...I think a better way is a sealant like UPGP or CS and then collonite on it.....

I'm always using the Megs #21 before 845 .. this combo rocks IMO.

:xyxthumbs:

BWG707
02-12-2012, 07:57 PM
That's funny you say that, because that is why I 2 coat the #845, to make sure I don't miss a spot. I have a hard time seeig the #845 going on. As for the sealants, for right now I would rather put some type of wax on maybe some time down the road I'll try a sealant. Thanks for the idea.

brawl
02-13-2012, 06:56 AM
After three months, I think it's not bad to clean the paint with KAIO before topping it again with 845. Mike Phillips's article on paint cleaners convinced me that cleaning the paint before applying LSP is a good idea. Besides, we are here to overkill detailing anyway.

Mike Phillips
02-13-2012, 08:51 AM
After three months, I think it's not bad to clean the paint with KAIO before topping it again with 845. Mike Phillips's article on paint cleaners convinced me that cleaning the paint before applying LSP is a good idea. Besides, we are here to overkill detailing anyway.

And here's that article...

The benefits of a light paint cleaner, cleansing lotion or pre-wax cleaner (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/28519-benefits-light-paint-cleaner-cleansing-lotion-pre-wax-cleaner.html)

:dblthumb2: