PDA

View Full Version : First Detail thats not my car

CAMAROZL1
02-11-2012, 06:47 PM
Little background, Ive been only do my personal cars just as a hobby and guys at my work can't believe how clean my car gets and laugh about how much I talk about detailing. I never done another car other than my own but a friend of mine wants me to detail his a Infinti G Sedan. He keeps it in great shape and its an awesome car. Since I never done a car for $$$ we decided since he's an awesome cook we trade detailing for some awesome meals. Im going to be working on his car in few weeks and really excited and nervous at the same time. I want to bring an awesome shine and have two products that can do it. I own both WG and BF and wanted to hear from the pros what they think would be a better choice. I let him try out WG Fuzion on his car and he loved it. This coming from a guy who ONLY swears by a different product not sold here and before I introduced him WG would never use anything else, made me feel like I did something awesome. Back to main point, cars again in great condition but will be doing clay, swirl, polish, and sealant. Just torn between WG and BF as both products are amazing attached some pics below as well. Will be taking pics when I do the car as well.

CAMAROZL1
02-11-2012, 06:49 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/ad3c3efc-fe4f-a380.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/ad3c3efc-fe63-0d3f.jpg

Any suggestions guys and gals

tw33k2514
02-11-2012, 07:03 PM
Ok... So you have BFWD and Fuzion right? Or are you referring to Midnight Sun?

CAMAROZL1
02-11-2012, 08:13 PM
I have all the (now old) BF products and WG products as well. Curious as too which one would be better for this car

tw33k2514
02-11-2012, 08:57 PM
If I was doing the car I would do BFWD, and then top it with Fuzion.

CAMAROZL1
02-11-2012, 10:27 PM
awesome thanks for advice will post pics

Dr Oldz
02-11-2012, 11:47 PM
Don't get hung up on the LSP. That is the product that will make the smallest impact on the total out come. You should be concerned which swirl removers and finishing polishs to use. Test spots will be the deciding factor for that, not brand name.

Rix6
02-11-2012, 11:58 PM
Does the car need a swirl remover step? If it doesn't have swirls then I would just clay, polish, and seal. Infiniti clear is soft. If there are minor swirls, the polish might take care of them. After claying, I would do a test spot like Jim suggested, starting with a polish.

glen e
02-12-2012, 12:12 AM
This is really good advice about the the LSP being insignificant - for years I never thought of it that way. I learned here to get the surface to look like you want it to look - as much gloss as you are satisfied with, and then apply the wax or sealant. It's the reason for so many years I never got good gloss or looks, what was underneath the wax was not prepped right....

CAMAROZL1
02-12-2012, 12:30 AM
Does the car need a swirl remover step? If it doesn't have swirls then I would just clay, polish, and seal. Infiniti clear is soft. If there are minor swirls, the polish might take care of them. After claying, I would do a test spot like Jim suggested, starting with a polish.

from what I could see i saw barley any swirls if none at all. From what I have learned here, all cars have some type of swirls. I will be doing a test spot just to make sure and see if all I need is a polish and sealant

RhetoricMixes
02-12-2012, 02:43 AM
I have a g sedan in that color as well. The clear is very soft and is susceptible to scratches easily. I used some meguiars ultimate polish just to test it and it actually removed around 80% of its scratches. I wouldn't use anything too aggressive since the clear is very soft. Any mild polish should do.

monito
02-12-2012, 09:09 AM
You will do a better job than your own car without thinking about it.

Have fun!

p@

Kaban
02-12-2012, 09:42 PM
swirls removers are insignificant and overrated. the wax is where it's at. especially if it has fillers.