PDA

View Full Version : Wgtsr 3.0

AlexVR6
02-11-2012, 04:39 PM
Does it dust a lot when using it with a DA?
I used it to do a hood for practice and it seemed to dust a bit, am i using to little product?

tw33k2514
02-11-2012, 04:59 PM
Generally when dusting happens with a wax or sealant it means you are using to much product. Your pad will become over saturated and it will cause a dusting effect.

What pad, speed and pressure are you using? How much product?

Ted S.
02-11-2012, 05:05 PM
Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover 3.0, car polish, polishing compound (http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-total-swirl-remover.html)

This stuff???

How much (or little) did you use?

tw33k2514
02-11-2012, 05:15 PM
Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover 3.0, car polish, polishing compound (http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-total-swirl-remover.html)

This stuff???

How much (or little) did you use?

Oh jebus! I farked that up lol. I quickly glanced at the title and saw 3.0 and assumed sealant... Doh!

Lotus
02-11-2012, 07:49 PM
I find it only dusts when using non-uniform pressure or when only one side of the pad is in contact. Priming your pad is also a major step that you must not miss.

AlexVR6
02-12-2012, 12:38 AM
I was using a orange ccs pad, i applied an X of product on the pad and i was using speed 5.

Ted S.
02-12-2012, 03:35 AM
I was using a orange ccs pad, i applied an X of product on the pad and i was using speed 5.

I still have a small sample of this stuff. If it warms up this week and no one responds to this, I will have my best answer for you. I have a PC as well as orange ccs 5"pads but have only used this product "by hand" with little or no dusting (last summer, before ownership of DA).

Now that Lotus mentioned it, did you prime the pad?

I would assume an x is a bit too much product, but not being able to see first hand how much was actually used, I cannot say for sure. A few (about 3, maybe 4, maybe more because the pads are ccs) pea size beads of product on the pad should be plenty. This stuff is DMAT (I think...).:buffing:

R/TED
02-12-2012, 11:22 AM
probably using to much product. I used TSR 3.0 with the my Flex 3401 and all you need is to prime the pad and then 4 pea sized drops around the perimeter of the pad is all you need. Use the same procedure if using PC 7424, and you should have no problems.