PDA

View Full Version : Starting to feel growing pains....

Pages : [1] 2

Bates Detailing
02-11-2012, 12:52 AM
Hey guys - just exhausted and posting my blahness really. Had the busiest week that we have had in awhile. With that said, I AM EXHAUSTED! Tyson is EXHAUSTED! Jerry is EXHAUSTED! And the new guy Im sure is saying, "What the hell did I get myself into?!?!".
Tyson spent 14 hours tonight on an interior detail + engine. I two stepped a corporate bus and the caps were kicking my butt trying to get them perfect. New guy got to run across town a few times to help both of us out. Had probably the worst interior ever yesterday (including hidden dog poo, and mold) - a daily driver too :eek:. Had to turn down about 4 jobs, reschedule a couple of others. Oh yeah, and just got a call saying the 60 Semis we have to detail will be in within 2 to 4 weeks! BLAH - what a crazy week for us!

I need to buy double products and double tools and run 2 crews asap to keep up with this kind of workload. Sharing a steamer across town sucks lol. I also need 2 of my guys to step it up and learn EVERYTHING so I can send them out on their own. And I realized that my phone blowing up seems to slow me down on jobs (who would've thunk it?)

Thanks for listening, just posting my crazy week in the public B & B Diary on AG lol!

:help:

ShineTimeDetail
02-11-2012, 12:59 AM
Lol you need me to come down?

Ted S.
02-11-2012, 01:00 AM
I'd help you out if I had time....

Bates Detailing
02-11-2012, 01:01 AM
Lol you need me to come down?

Lol, as soon as you would I would get a call for those buses in MO lol - just my kind of luck lately.

Bates Detailing
02-11-2012, 01:03 AM
I'd help you out if I had time....

That would be awesome :dblthumb2:

tw33k2514
02-11-2012, 01:11 AM
Sounds like your business is booming. Not a bad thing, but I am sure the stress is insane.

Bates Detailing
02-11-2012, 01:25 AM
Sounds like your business is booming. Not a bad thing, but I am sure the stress is insane.

Stress to keep everyone happy is there lol! I didn't even mention all the cars we did, and the other bus I polished 2 days ago. The makita gets heavy after polishing a couple buses lol!

MY GOAL BY FALL - BECOME THE QA, PR, PHOTO GUY LOL! Out of all the work we have done the past 2 weeks - we have 0 pics! Gotta jump on the pics more for sure.

tw33k2514
02-11-2012, 01:56 AM
That's my problem currently. I work alone. So getting photos almost never happens. Or what more often happens is I take befores, but end up working on a car right up to delivery. So then I get no pictures.

I know it's hurting my business, so I need to figure something out.

NickZ28
02-11-2012, 07:29 AM
You hiring?

Bates Detailing
02-11-2012, 07:55 AM
That's my problem currently. I work alone. So getting photos almost never happens. Or what more often happens is I take befores, but end up working on a car right up to delivery. So then I get no pictures.

I know it's hurting my business, so I need to figure something out.

Yeah man - pics a super important. Learned that from coming to AG - we just haven't had the time these past couple of weeks, its been a go go go situation. We will be getting one of those fancy cameras here soon that many of these guys have on this forum.

You hiring?

Maybe -

Right now, the not having the guys trained fully is killing us. Once they have the ability to knock out a job without our worrying we should be fine.

ExoticAutoDetai
02-11-2012, 01:17 PM
I'm glad you doing good Tony hang in there.

FUNX650
02-11-2012, 01:57 PM
Hi Anthony...

As you may know already...I'm not very good at keeping up with "moments in time"...

But...Not too long ago, (01.13.2011... @1:17pm... :D), I inquired into the "meaning" behind the B&B in your Business' name.

"Bates & Bentley" is what you answered. (Still sounds Luxurious to me.)

I'm glad that you are indeed now:
"Busy & Busier"...

Here's hoping your Business stays that way...Even someday becoming the Busiest Business in the whole State of Tennessee!!!!

Continued Success, my good man.

:)

Bob

erock
02-11-2012, 02:31 PM
This is a great problem to have considering the alternative!! Good luck man. Take it all while its coming and sleep when your dead.

Bates Detailing
02-11-2012, 04:52 PM
I'm glad you doing good Tony hang in there.

Thanx man

Hi Anthony...

As you may know already...I'm not very good at keeping up with "moments in time"...

But...Not too long ago, (01.13.2011... @1:17pm... :D), I inquired into the "meaning" behind the B&B in your Business' name.

"Bates & Bentley" is what you answered. (Still sounds Luxurious to me.)

I'm glad that you are indeed now:
"Busy & Busier"...

Here's hoping your Business stays that way...Even someday becoming the Busiest Business in the whole State of Tennessee!!!!

Continued Success, my good man.

:)

Bob

Wow - I remember that thread lol (feels like a lifetime ago!) - I appreciate the kind words man!

This is a great problem to have considering the alternative!! Good luck man. Take it all while its coming and sleep when your dead.

True lol :buffing:

Shane731
02-11-2012, 05:41 PM
Shoot, I should just quit my job washing cars at a dealership and come work for you! :props:

Plus, I'm trained. Kinda. Sorta. ;)