PDA

View Full Version : Couple questions on OP.

Whitethunder46
03-04-2007, 03:32 PM
Well, first off, let me say I love my XMT line up. However, I'm not real sure how cost effective they will be for my business. $28 for 32 oz. is a good amount. I think I will always buy XMT3, because I can get it LSP ready very easily, even with yellow pad.

I love my OC because it has a little more bite than XMT3. However, I always have a problem with marring and hazing from the pad/compund.

Where does OP fit in w/ the XMT line? Is it similar to XMT 2 or 1? Or inbetween? I feel like XMT 1 is almost too fine sometimes and that I really wouldn't use it that often.

The one thing about XMT1 however is it will leave the finish looking like a mirror because of it's ulra fine properties. Does OP leave a very nice reflective finish easily?

sparkie
03-04-2007, 03:43 PM
OC has a little more cut then XMT3 about the same as Poorboys ssr3 not much , Poly-Seal I say maybe XMT 1.

Whitethunder46
03-04-2007, 04:14 PM
OC has a little more cut then XMT3 about the same as Poorboys ssr3 not much , Poly-Seal I say maybe XMT 1.

Yea, no about OC and poli-seal.

My question is about OP. How well does it finish off the paint, where does it compare to XMT line.

Nuke33
03-04-2007, 04:36 PM
I say its about XMT 1

sparkie
03-04-2007, 07:12 PM
Yea, no about OC and poli-seal.

My question is about OP. How well does it finish off the paint, where does it compare to XMT line.

Sorry, never have used OP.

nick19
03-04-2007, 07:20 PM
Try PB's Polish w/ sealant.

I have polished OC/83 or OC/DP's SSR to LSP ready no problem.

You're talking about Optimum Polish, not Optimum Poli-Seal, right?

They're polish is about a 2,2.5.

Whitethunder46
03-04-2007, 07:35 PM
Try PB's Polish w/ sealant.

I have polished OC/83 or OC/DP's SSR to LSP ready no problem.

You're talking about Optimum Polish, not Optimum Poli-Seal, right?

They're polish is about a 2,2.5.

I am talking about Opt. Polish. I have Poli-Seal, but yet to use it. Like I said, I have the full XMT line right now, but when these run out, I might try something a little more profitable than XMT 1 or 2.

Basically, I'll be using either OC or XMT3 on a vehicle for the most part. I'm looking for a good fine polish that will easily finish LSP after OC or have a nice cut to use by itself if the swirls are not too bad.

Does anyone have any OP they would be willing part with or trade for? Just a couple ounces would be fine.

nick19
03-04-2007, 08:10 PM
There's cheaper versions of XMT #3 out there. You know #4 will be out sometime to as well?

r_wain
03-04-2007, 09:04 PM
I use OP all the time. I recently used it on an accord that the owner had, since he bought it two years ago, just ran it through a car wash and let it air dry...It had water etching to no end. I used OP and the yellow egde pad and the OP removed all the etching and left the car LSP ready. It will leave a very nice reflection and is very cost effective for business use.

Whitethunder46
03-04-2007, 11:03 PM
There's cheaper versions of XMT #3 out there. You know #4 will be out sometime to as well?

Like??? I enjoy XMT3 because it's strong, but leaves the finish LSP ready. OC is stronger, but it's difficult to leave LSP ready with cutting pads, IMO.

nick19
03-04-2007, 11:37 PM
PB's, DP's (old stuff) as long as your not in DIRECT sunlight (there coming out with some new stuff), Meg's #83, #80, #1.

I still use Meg's, depends on the car, and time of day. If you use Meg's in direct sunlight, be sure to keep an extra MF close by, as it can dust up from time to time. I've narrowed down the field from OP/OC to Meg's. Haven't used PB's, as I don't find a need for 7 different kinds of polishes.

I have some samples of all three Meg's if you'd like to try them out. PM me for something to trade for them. And DP's old stuff. Although I can't give you much, if you can find it from AG, its worth it.

Woob
03-05-2007, 04:35 AM
Optimum Polish probably has to be the best sun product out there, you can work it forever and it still abrades. Pad dependent, so you'd just be using one product. Also if you ever work up to a rotary, it's quite easy to use.

Whitethunder46
03-05-2007, 10:09 AM
Optimum Polish probably has to be the best sun product out there, you can work it forever and it still abrades. Pad dependent, so you'd just be using one product. Also if you ever work up to a rotary, it's quite easy to use.

That's more of what I wanted to hear, thanks!

I might have to add OP to my next order along with the 2part filtration system.

Woob
03-05-2007, 07:48 PM
That's more of what I wanted to hear, thanks!

I might have to add OP to my next order along with the 2part filtration system.

For the price & quantity, and the improved version, it's well worth! Love that it's so versatile for polishing.