PDA

View Full Version : Megs oranage APC or......

HotWhipT/A
02-10-2012, 05:18 PM
I wanted to get Meguires orange APC +, but they are on back order. Does anyone know when it will be back in stock? How does their green APC compare? What about Chemical guys orange APC? I was thinking of getting that, but my good detailing buddy highly recommended Megs orange APC +.

dad07
02-10-2012, 06:29 PM
Try Optimum Power Clean (OPC) instead! Love this stuff.

HotWhipT/A
02-10-2012, 06:41 PM
I'm sure that works great, but it'll make 3 gallons at most and cost more than twice as much as the other products. I love ONR though!

Danube
02-10-2012, 06:42 PM
Megs APC (green) doesn't foam as much as APC+, but works wonders. Highly recommended and very efficient!

DARK HORSE
02-10-2012, 07:07 PM
Actually APC+ (D103) is low foaming. It foams much less than the green APC (D101).

ryance39
02-10-2012, 07:50 PM
I like APC+.. its almost time to be ordering some more here soon...

tw33k2514
02-10-2012, 08:14 PM
APC+ is pretty much my go to. Its worth the wait trust me.

DDanbury
02-10-2012, 09:36 PM
I actually prefer megs green apc because it foams more and doesn't run down panels as much. I do use both and don't really see a difference in cleaning power. My only suggestion is to go with plus if you are using on carpet or in an extractor hence the low foam.

Dr Oldz
02-10-2012, 10:25 PM
Megs APC (green) doesn't foam as much as APC+, but works wonders. Highly recommended and very efficient!

Hummmm I have noticed the exact opposite. Perhaps they changed things around since I last tried them a week ago???????????

Matt
02-10-2012, 10:58 PM
I actually prefer megs green apc because it foams more and doesn't run down panels as much. I do use both and don't really see a difference in cleaning power. My only suggestion is to go with plus if you are using on carpet or in an extractor hence the low foam.

Same.

I find the green regular Meg's APC to be awesome stuff! It foams more than the orange but I like that because when cleaning anything (apart from carpets or seats) I like more foam.

Personally I'd buy the green over the orange unless I was using it with an extractor.

HotWhipT/A
02-10-2012, 11:56 PM
I don't mind the extra foam of the green one. It would be great for cleaning carpets the hard way! As long as they clean the same, that's what really matters to me. I like the color green more too!

What does the green one smell like? It doesn't say.

Matt
02-11-2012, 02:25 AM
Hard to say. It smells ..... Fresh, sorta like a cleaning chemical but not really a distinguishable smell.

Doesn't smell bad

I use it at a 1:7 ratio and find it cleans very well.

Gurge
02-14-2012, 03:40 PM
the green has a more chemical smell. the orange (APC+) has an orange / citrus scent (sort of)

I keep both on hand for different applications. Usually I choose APC+ unless i'm looking for some foaming action (like on tires for example)

I'd recommend waiting. it really is good stuff, and it lasts forever it seems at 10:1.