PDA

View Full Version : ONR->Spray On Car Wash ? Dilution Ratio

KneeDragr
02-10-2012, 11:54 AM
With ONR being on BOGO, Im thinking of buying some and diluting some to use as spray on car wash for my Corvette.

After driving, I usually use Griots spray on wash on the dirtier areas such as the nose, lower sides and back, let dwell for a minute then wipe off.

It works pretty good, maybe a *bit* to thick for my tastes but its chock full o'lubricants as such so Ive never seen any scratches result.

On the ONR page there are various dilution ratios to use, but none specifically for a spray on wash. For instance

1Oz/2Ga = No Rinse Car Wash ( bucket method )
2Oz/Ga = Clay Lube
8Oz/Ga = Spray Detailer

So here is the thing - Griots spray wash is *thicker* than the spray detailer because of all the lubricants. Using that idea, I should maybe go 16Oz/Ga. But ONR using their bucket wash method is diluged hugely in the other direction, making me think 4Oz/Ga might be a better ratio.

Anyone have a suggestion? The car will likely not be truly dirty, in fact its mostly brake dust on the sides and a few bugs on the front.

Flannigan
02-10-2012, 11:58 AM
IME ONR is not a great waterless wash. If you are looking for a waterless wash check out Ultima Waterless Wash+ or Blackfire Waterless Wash. Both are great, and will fit the bill for what you are looking for. Optimum makes a waterless wash called opticlean, but it has never impressed me all that much.

KneeDragr
02-10-2012, 12:01 PM
IME ONR is not a great waterless wash. If you are looking for a waterless wash check out Ultima Waterless Wash+ or Blackfire Waterless Wash. Both are great, and will fit the bill for what you are looking for. Optimum makes a waterless wash called opticlean, but it has never impressed me all that much.

Thanks for you input, can you describe what you dont like about it so I can understand your conclusion a bit better?

Flannigan
02-10-2012, 12:02 PM
Thanks for you input, can you describe what you dont like about it so I can understand your conclusion a bit better?
What I don't like abot opticlean or ONR? I like ONR just fine for a rinselss wash, what it was deigned for, but at any dillution I never felt it worked like a true WW. BF and Ultima are both true WW's that offer great cleaning ability and lubrication to prevent marring.

KneeDragr
02-10-2012, 12:04 PM
What I don't like abot opticlean or ONR? I like ONR just fine for a rinselss wash, what it was deigned for, but at any dillution I never felt it worked like a true WW. BF and Ultima are both true WW's that offer great cleaning ability and lubrication to prevent marring.

Thanks, now I feel stupid for not picking up the BF when it was on BOGO recently.

Rix6
02-10-2012, 02:41 PM
Thanks, now I feel stupid for not picking up the BF when it was on BOGO recently.
I believe the BF WW is a new 2012 product, in which case it wasn't a BOGO item. In any event, lots of people (including myself) love this stuff: Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+ Concentrate (http://www.autogeek.net/ultima-waterless-wash-concentrate.html). It dilutes 1:44 whereas the BF WW dilutes 1:4. You get 9X more useable product for $1 if buying the 16oz size of BF. Even if you buy the 1 gallon of BF WW concentrate ($70!), you get 80oz more useable product with the UWW+ for about 1/4 the cost.

If you read the reviews by the folks who have tried both, they all seem to say the BF is a great product, as good as UWW+ at least. But it simply doesn't compete with UWW+ when you factor in price. Smart money says buy the UWW+ and spend the savings on one of Blackfire's other excellent products if you want to give Blackfire a try. ;)

KneeDragr
02-10-2012, 05:37 PM
Thanks, thats what I will try next!