PDA

View Full Version : About to Buy a Dupray Steam Cleaner(I think)

Pages : [1] 2

Josh@BR
02-10-2012, 10:31 AM
So I'm in the market for a steam cleaner and I have the ability to spend up to $2000 if I really want to BUT I am a super cheapskate and would definitely settle for a $700 one IF it was worth it. From my research I'm deciding between the Dupray Tosca($995) and the Hill Super Inox($1800). I know Dupray's are more expensive but the quality, features and warranty seem like it would make up for the price. The popular VX-5000 is pretty similar to the Dupray Tosca only the VX-5000 is slightly less powerful.

I guess what I'm trying to ask is if anyone here has tried the Dupray machine(s) vs the popular VX-5000 and similar cheaper steam cleaners. I'm just thinking the 350*f steam and 89psi of the Dupray Hill Super Inox is gonna be a world of difference from the VX-5000's 298*f steam and 65psi. Any help with making my decision is GREATLY appreciated. I hate being confused about this stuff especially when it's such a big purchase(for me at least).

Josh@BR
02-10-2012, 05:04 PM
I guess Dupray isn't too popular here lol. I still went ahead and just bought the Dupray Super Inox anyway. I cant wait to try it out. I'm really hoping this cuts my interior cleaning time down once I find a good rhythm. If anyone else here has a Dupray please lmk what you think about it. Thanks!

feslope
02-10-2012, 05:30 PM
I have the DuPray Hill Injection. Its small , powerful, very portable and builds up a full head of steam in about 7 minutes from cold start.

My first one was DOA. Dupray sent me a new one overnight, no waiting for the first one to get back to them.

The VX-5000 can be tampered with to raise its pressure beyond its rated limit. The DuPrays run hotter, higher pressures which they are rated for.

You will not go wrong with either one If you can afford the extra bucks the DuPray is the way.

Josh@BR
02-10-2012, 05:34 PM
I have the DuPray Hill Injection. Its small , powerful, very portable and builds up a full head of steam in about 7 minutes from cold start.

My first one was DOA. Dupray sent me a new one overnight, no waiting for the first one to get back to them.

The VX-5000 can be tampered with to raise its pressure beyond its rated limit. The DuPrays run hotter, higher pressures which they are rated for.

You will not go wrong with either one If you can afford the extra bucks the DuPray is the way.

Thanks for the info I really appreciate it! What do you primarily use it for or where does it work best in your opinion?

feslope
02-10-2012, 06:14 PM
Thanks for the info I really appreciate it! What do you primarily use it for or where does it work best in your opinion?Its all in how creative you want to be with it. I am an entheusiast detailer. I use it on the engine, glass, door frames and hinges, gas filler, dash and carpet. I have not really had a filthy car to try it on. It cleans anything and everything in the house.

Robert8194
02-10-2012, 08:16 PM
I have both the VX 5000 and the Dupray hill injection and cannot imagine cleaning without steam. You did not make a bad decision with the Dupray. They are great machines. I just got the Dupray last week and it was raining all weekend. So, I detailed my car in the garage with steam. Worked great just hit a panel with steam, sprayed Optimum Opticlean, another light must of steam and wiped with MF towels. I used a bunch of towels, especially on the wheels and tires. I used the VX5000 on everything from engine bay, leather seats, carpet and the list goes on.
Like Fred says, it is handy in the house as well. Cleans and disinfects most any surface and heats up fast. The uses are only limited by your imagination.

Josh@BR
02-10-2012, 10:13 PM
I have both the VX 5000 and the Dupray hill injection and cannot imagine cleaning without steam. You did not make a bad decision with the Dupray. They are great machines. I just got the Dupray last week and it was raining all weekend. So, I detailed my car in the garage with steam. Worked great just hit a panel with steam, sprayed Optimum Opticlean, another light must of steam and wiped with MF towels. I used a bunch of towels, especially on the wheels and tires. I used the VX5000 on everything from engine bay, leather seats, carpet and the list goes on.
Like Fred says, it is handy in the house as well. Cleans and disinfects most any surface and heats up fast. The uses are only limited by your imagination.
Thanks man! Does your Dupray blow the VX5000 out of the water in performance or is it pretty similar? I almost bought the Hill Injection but dropping nearly $2k on the Hill Super Inox was pushing it for me lol. I just really hope my steamer would outperform the VX5000 considering the price I paid for it.

Robert8194
02-10-2012, 10:33 PM
Overall, I think the Dupray does blow the VX 5000 away. The 5000 is a great machine but it takes forever to heat up and is not continuous fill. The quality of the Dupray is incredible. The temp and pressure of the Dupray are impressive. I don't think you will be disappointed and IMO, the price difference is worth it. The VX is a very good machine but there is a reason the Dupray cost more. You do get what you pay for.

Robert8194
02-12-2012, 09:55 PM
I guess Dupray isn't too popular here lol. I still went ahead and just bought the Dupray Super Inox anyway. I cant wait to try it out. I'm really hoping this cuts my interior cleaning time down once I find a good rhythm. If anyone else here has a Dupray please lmk what you think about it. Thanks!

When is your Dupray due in Josh? I used mine all weekend. Did three cars and two exteriors were done with steam and Opticlean. I had a gosh awful interior that could not have been done without steam. I know you are going to love it.

Josh@BR
02-13-2012, 07:59 AM
When is your Dupray due in Josh? I used mine all weekend. Did three cars and two exteriors were done with steam and Opticlean. I had a gosh awful interior that could not have been done without steam. I know you are going to love it.

Well I paid for it on the 10th from their website but I havent gotten any tracking info or anything yet and I don't know where its coming from. I just did a huge Ford Expedition(light tan interior) that was really nasty and I really wish I would have had my steamer for this job. I'm just really looking forward to doing the nasty, gross interiors with the steamer. How was the steamer for cleaning exteriors? Was it quicker than a standard wash?

Robert8194
02-13-2012, 01:58 PM
Well I paid for it on the 10th from their website but I havent gotten any tracking info or anything yet and I don't know where its coming from. I just did a huge Ford Expedition(light tan interior) that was really nasty and I really wish I would have had my steamer for this job. I'm just really looking forward to doing the nasty, gross interiors with the steamer. How was the steamer for cleaning exteriors? Was it quicker than a standard wash?

I wouldn't say it was quicker but when the temperature is 33 F, it is a lot better choice. I did my car in the garage last week when it was raining and did my wife's car outside in near freezing temp. When you consider washing and drying, it is not that much slower. I continue to be impressed with what this machine will do.

AdamsImport
02-19-2012, 06:16 PM
Thanks for the input guys, I have been researching steamers for awhile now. When I am able to raise my tool budget for this year I think a good steamer will be my next choice.

I have been thinking about the Dupray Hill Injection, the VC 5000 C-I, or the CleenJet Pro Plus 300.

Robert did you look into any daimer products before going with the Dupray?

Robert8194
02-19-2012, 07:07 PM
Thanks for the input guys, I have been researching steamers for awhile now. When I am able to raise my tool budget for this year I think a good steamer will be my next choice.

I have been thinking about the Dupray Hill Injection, the VC 5000 C-I, or the CleenJet Pro Plus 300.

Robert did you look into any daimer products before going with the Dupray?

Yes. I looked at the Kleenjet. It looked like a good machine but very similar to the VX. The pressure on the Kleenjet only goes to 75 which is less than my VX. The Hill Injection maxes out at 121 psi. If you can get the tool budget to swing the Dupray, I do recommend it.

Mobile detail
04-24-2012, 02:45 PM
I thought the VX only went up to 67 psi? Were you able to get more psi out of it?

Robert8194
04-24-2012, 08:32 PM
I thought the VX only went up to 67 psi? Were you able to get more psi out of it?

I adjusted mine to get 6 bar or about 87 psi. I think they recommend staying at 5.5 or less but the pressure drops off as you use it.