PDA

View Full Version : Wash car after TSR and before Finishing Glaze?

Tderby
02-09-2012, 01:51 PM
Hi guys, real quick question. After I am done with TSR and have it all buffed out, should I wash the car BEFORE applying the Finishing glaze?

Thanks!

tw33k2514
02-09-2012, 01:55 PM
No, you could wash it after finishing glaze and before your wax/sealant though.

embolism
02-09-2012, 02:12 PM
what he said

FASTFRED
02-09-2012, 02:49 PM
+10

alko
02-09-2012, 02:55 PM
+ another 10 :-D

After TSR wipe down with IPA or GG Pre Wax cleaner to remove the polishing oils, and then move to FG. After finishing glaze hit it again with IPA or Pre-wax cleaner and then apply your LSP.

Tderby
02-09-2012, 06:32 PM
Instead of an IPA wipe down, would it make sense to use DoDo Juice Lime Prime, before the glaze?

This is just to get my car through winter, during spring, I can plan a more ambitious correcting project, cause the paint on my car is TRASHED!!!

I have been talking about this project for awhile, however if you missed my multiple noob posts, I plan on Washing >> Claying >> Washing >> TSR >> ????? >> WG Finishing Glaze >> Wet Diamond Paint Sealer >> WAIT 24 HOURS >> Collinite 845 (2 coats possibly to get me through winter)

Any and all tips are very appreciated, I am starting this project first thing tomorrow morning.

Thanks!

ScottB
02-09-2012, 06:46 PM
If you have alot of dust you can use a rinseless wash as desired. I often wait until all polishing is done.

embolism
02-09-2012, 06:53 PM
Instead of an IPA wipe down, would it make sense to use DoDo Juice Lime Prime, before the glaze?

This is just to get my car through winter, during spring, I can plan a more ambitious correcting project, cause the paint on my car is TRASHED!!!

I have been talking about this project for awhile, however if you missed my multiple noob posts, I plan on Washing >> Claying >> Washing >> TSR >> ????? >> WG Finishing Glaze >> Wet Diamond Paint Sealer >> WAIT 24 HOURS >> Collinite 845 (2 coats possibly to get me through winter)

Any and all tips are very appreciated, I am starting this project first thing tomorrow morning.

Thanks!

save the lime prime for another time when you aren't polishing. It's used to clean the surface and prep for wax. Your surface will be plenty prepped from polishing with the TSR and FG. No steps necessary in between. Do the TSR, then do the FG, then wash, dry and apply your blackfire....

Trust us, we're saving you steps here which you will thank us for 10 hours into your detail. I don't dry my car after the initial wash and go right into claying. You could also probably skip the wash after claying if you use a rinseless as your lube...

Tderby
02-09-2012, 07:29 PM
Great advice! Thanks guys!!!

If the TSR gets on the headlights or glass, do I need to worry about damage?

What about speed settings? Am I correct with this plan :

TSR - speed 5 or 6 - LCC Orange Flat
Glaze - Speed 4 or 5 - LCC White Flat
BFWD - Speed 3 to 4 - LC Crimson
Collinite - Speed 3 to 4 - LC Crimson

embolism
02-09-2012, 09:43 PM
between 5 or 6 for both polishing steps

4 for BF and colly

put some tape across tight areas where polish residue is hard to get out like the edges of any clear film.

polish will not hurt your glass or headlights but don't be running the buffer over them on purpose or you'll be spending lots of time getting residue out of the crevices.

ArkayoDeetayo
02-09-2012, 10:31 PM
Process...
1) Wash (no need to dry)
2) IronX/TarX (if needed)
3) Clay (after washing)
4) TSR
5) FG (you don't need to worry about the oils of TSR)
6) Rewash+dry or Rinseless or Eraser
7) Sealant...cure 12-24 hour
8) Collinite...just need 1 layer, you don't need two.