PDA

View Full Version : Question on a Cadillac Color

Monster Shine
02-09-2012, 12:08 AM
I am probably going to be doing a detail for a friend of mine in the coming months. He has a Cadillac with "White Diamond Pearl". I do know from what I read this paint is going to be hard as a rock when it comes to buffing. However, my main question if any of you guys have done this color or similar before what did you guys use to really make it pop?

Here is what I have at my disposal and my plan of attack, let me know any adjustments and thoughts on something I may add.

Plan of Attack
Meg's GC Wash (Always Two Bucket W/GGs)
IronX
Clay
Remove swirls however needed. (Have Meg's - Ultimate Compound & Polish, DACP and Blackfire Finishing Polish)
Blackfire WD All Finish Paint Protection
Likely top with Pinnacle Liquid Souvern
Final wipe with one of the following - Meg's Ultimate Detailer or Quik Wax

I also have a few other waxes, but only OTC things other than the Pinnacle Souvern.

Monster Shine
02-09-2012, 02:46 PM
Bump for any ideas or suggestions.

D.Acker
02-09-2012, 02:49 PM
Oh man, I don't have any suggestions to make it pop. I've got a co-worker with a Caddy that same color, it's beautiful color! Don't freak out, it will almost look yellowish in the right light.

Monster Shine
02-09-2012, 02:56 PM
Oh man, I don't have any suggestions to make it pop. I've got a co-worker with a Caddy that same color, it's beautiful color! Don't freak out, it will almost look yellowish in the right light.

That much I noticed, thank god for pearls and all the crazy things they do. My Camaro goes from blue to purple to black depending on the light, haha.

Monster Shine
02-10-2012, 11:02 PM
Bump for anymore suggestions. :cheers:

SpoiledMan
02-11-2012, 12:12 AM
Werkstat Trigger looks pretty nice on those types of colors. Highly recommended.

ScottB
02-11-2012, 06:41 AM
The clearcoat is tinted giving off the pearl coloring. Its white with a hint of gold at certain views. Use something for light colors like Blackfire, or Wolfgang. Nuba's really glow too, like white diamond from Dodo Juice.

Monster Shine
02-11-2012, 02:01 PM
Thanks guys, I have been wanting to try a couple Dodo Juice products so I guess this will make a good excuse.