PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Wax Cleaner

Fog Runner
03-04-2007, 11:57 AM
I am ready to put a fresh coat of sealant/wax on my truck, but it has only been a few months since the last polish and the paint is still in great condition. I was wondering if you all could suggest some of the better products to use just to remove the old stuff and clean the paint getting it ready for a fresh coat. I just want to make sure to get something good, because I have read that some products have fillers and oils which will not let the sealant bond properly, is this correct? All help is appreciated, I am still trying to learn.

Mitch

ScottB
03-04-2007, 12:20 PM
waxes --- P21S or Pinnacle Paint Cleansing Lotion

sealants --- Wolfgang Finishing Glaze / Paint Cleaner

Surfer
03-04-2007, 12:21 PM
Klasse AIO, or what Scott said :D

sparkie
03-04-2007, 12:56 PM
Klasse AIO, or what Scott said :D
:iagree: or DuraGloss #101. They all work great!

tonyspop
03-04-2007, 04:37 PM
I am ready to put a fresh coat of sealant/wax on my truck, but it has only been a few months since the last polish and the paint is still in great condition. I was wondering if you all could suggest some of the better products to use just to remove the old stuff and clean the paint getting it ready for a fresh coat. I just want to make sure to get something good, because I have read that some products have fillers and oils which will not let the sealant bond properly, is this correct? All help is appreciated, I am still trying to learn.

MitchAIO,theres directions listed on how to use.Think THIIIIIIINNNN,REALLLLLYYY thin coats.When it looks like theres no product thats just about right.:D

nick19
03-04-2007, 05:08 PM
AIO,theres directions listed on how to use.Think THIIIIIIINNNN,REALLLLLYYY thin coats.When it looks like theres no product thats just about right.:D

Or use in a spray bottle. One squirt for panels, two for hood.

sparkie
03-04-2007, 07:20 PM
AIO,theres directions listed on how to use.Think THIIIIIIINNNN,REALLLLLYYY thin coats.When it looks like theres no product thats just about right.:D
AIO, work it in like any other polishes. Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze (THIIIIIIINNNN,REALLLLLYYY thin coats) that when use the WOWO deal.