PDA

View Full Version : Attention Texas Detailers

stoffden
02-08-2012, 10:23 PM
Or anyone else that can help answer these questions!

What is the name of the insurance and possible insurance carriers that a detailer would need to cover any damage caused to a client's vehicle while in the care of a detailer? State Farm and Allstate didn't know what I was talking about when I called to inquire.

What license does a detailer need to operate from one's home/garage?

Are there any certification/training programs in Texas? Plan on attending the next AG Boot Camp but was looking at something closer to home too.

I've been detailing friends and family member's cars for a number of years and now what to branch out and take on new clients.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

tkendrick
02-09-2012, 12:05 AM
Can't help with the training program....I am a P&C insurance guy.

The type of coverage depends on what you do, (ie.Do you drive customers vehicle?..Do you have a shop?....Do you have equipment?....Are you incorporated? How long you've been in business?)

I would suggest you find an independent agent in your area. You should be prepared to discuss in detail all of your business activities. After which, he can explain what coverages you may need and make some recommendations.

Here's a good place to start. TWFG TX The Woodlands Financial Group Insurance Auto Commercial Health Home Life Renters TX ? The Woodlands Financial Group TX Texas Insurance (http://twfg.com/) (They have agents in your area)

Hope this doesn't violate any rules

stoffden
02-09-2012, 09:13 PM
Thanks for the information. I've completed the contact me form and am waiting on a call.

Stang Man
02-10-2012, 11:07 AM
Being in Texas, I am also interested. Please let us know how the process works out for you.

RhetoricMixes
02-10-2012, 12:29 PM
Hopefully its not too much. Subbed for info since im inTexas as well.

Paul Mitchell
02-10-2012, 03:18 PM
Go to a thread entitled "A Few insurance Questions" by MaxWax and you should find what you're looking for.

stoffden
02-11-2012, 05:56 AM
Thanks Paul. That thread was helpful. Did hear back from the insurance company recommended by Tkendrick with a quote of $2000. I have sent a follow up email asking for more information (e.g. is this garage keeper's or liability insurance).