PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Autogeek for Detailfest

ger42
03-04-2007, 11:48 AM
I went to Detailfest looking for ways to get rid of swirl marks and a scratch on our blk 06 corvette. Swirls are gone using green pad and Optimum polish. Had to use orange pad and Optimum then green pad and Scratch X then green pad and Optimum and finally white pad and Optimum. The scratch is just about gone. Bought a Cyclo polisher while there I don’t know about the PC but this thing is Great! All pads were Cyclo DoublePrecision Pads by Edge.
Got to get back and finish the rest of the car and then wax it.

Thanks to all that helped me.

ScottB
03-04-2007, 12:22 PM
sounds like you did well .... remember to keep an eye out for some Menzerna P1066 as it clearly helps keep black Vettes in top shape !

sparkie
03-04-2007, 12:58 PM
I went to Detailfest looking for ways to get rid of swirl marks and a scratch on our blk 06 corvette. Swirls are gone using green pad and Optimum polish. Had to use orange pad and Optimum then green pad and Scratch X then green pad and Optimum and finally white pad and Optimum. The scratch is just about gone. Bought a Cyclo polisher while there I don’t know about the PC but this thing is Great! All pads were Cyclo DoublePrecision Pads by Edge.
Got to get back and finish the rest of the car and then wax it.

Thanks to all that helped me.

Post some pics when you're done.

ScottB
03-04-2007, 02:20 PM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/Detail_Fest_2007_108.jpg

Black Coupe /Red Stripes (From Detailfest II)

ger42
03-04-2007, 03:22 PM
Forgot to add
Came home and ordered foam gun used it yesterday. I never realized how badly I was washing my cars.
Used Souveran as the last step. What do I use between polishing and waxing to keep the shine?

When would I use Menzerna P1066?

Man am I tired.

tonyspop
03-04-2007, 03:59 PM
Forgot to add
Came home and ordered foam gun used it yesterday. I never realized how badly I was washing my cars.
Used Souveran as the last step. What do I use between polishing and waxing to keep the shine?

When would I use Menzerna P1066?

Man am I tired.Finish kare 425 poly wipe,dg aqua wax or clear kote quickshine are all good choices.I personally like the 425 for its anti static properties.;) Hope this helps.

Nuke33
03-04-2007, 04:37 PM
sounds like you did well .... remember to keep an eye out for some Menzerna P1066 as it clearly helps keep black Vettes in top shape !

I agree with that!

Stittville Ed
03-04-2007, 04:38 PM
I think everyone who attended Detail Fest 2007 learned many new things.