PDA

View Full Version : This will put you all out of business!

Pages : [1] 2 3

armoredsaint
02-08-2012, 02:50 PM
Watch the whole video :buffing:

:D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30UTnPWNj0A&feature=player_embedded]Jones Junction Aftermarket - YouTube[/video]

Stang Man
02-08-2012, 02:56 PM
That "buffer" is the damndest thing I've ever seen!

armoredsaint
02-08-2012, 02:58 PM
That "buffer" is the damndest thing I've ever seen!

yeah i know, right?! i never knew something like that existed

Ted S.
02-08-2012, 03:00 PM
I'm curious as to whether that automated thing is as safe as they say it. People put a lot of faith in dealers, and a commercial like this will definately blow their minds.

timaishu
02-08-2012, 03:05 PM
Lmfao at the "buffer".

armoredsaint
02-08-2012, 03:06 PM
anyone catch the dirty rag being used to wipe the car down?

timaishu
02-08-2012, 03:08 PM
I'm curious as to whether that automated thing is as safe as they say it. People put a lot of faith in dealers, and a commercial like this will definately blow their minds.

It looks safer than what they use for washing. I am assuming they wash the cars before putting it through their "buffer". So its probably much more paint safe than the typical swirly wash.

I find its buffing abilities to be suspect though. I dont see how that thing will be able to abraid the paint to actually polish it.

richy
02-08-2012, 03:08 PM
It would be fascinating to get one of these vehicles and strip the coating to see what the paint is like underneath. There's no way spinning brushes like that are not going to instill some kind of marks into the paint!

glen e
02-08-2012, 03:27 PM
takes 90 min to do a car?

how can that pay out?

ryanmcg1
02-08-2012, 03:40 PM
First I work with clean pads, that car wash converted buffer has prolly never been replaced or doubt each foam finger cleaned properly so I'm sure it polishing ability is compromised plus there dirty so they prolly scratch the paint. They spray a wax/sealant that prolly covers up the swirls till u wash them off then u think damn it's time to bring the car back to jones. Haha. The foam in door panels is the worse idea how they think u supposed to change out speaker wires, electric door locks, switches, window arms, etc. Tell u what there business concept is great kinda makes me jealous but the work needs to be done by real honest detailers.

FUNX650
02-08-2012, 04:14 PM
yeah i know, right?! i never knew something like that existed

Re: This will put you all out of business!:

^^^^
-A foreboding sign of the times...Nothing to scoff about, IMHO.

OP:
Your thread topic is yet another stark-reality example, that folks wanting to start their own detailing businesses, and even some established detailing businesses, are faced with nowadays!

The percentage of year-to-year new business failures, of all kinds, is staggering...This should be an eye-opener, IMHO.

Examples of other challenges detailers are facing:

-More and more dealerships (new and used), under the auspices of their OEMs, are now understanding the profits that can be earned to "detail" their own clients' vehicles.

-Besides the company (Jones) in the video...Teph Seal is another example of the "detail" companies the dealerships employ. They're expanding exponentially. (50 miles, either direction from my house, are dealerships using this company). They pay minimum wage, BTW! (Ohio's is: $7.70 an hour for: Year 2012) Teph Seal - Auto Appearance (http://www.tephseal.com/82905763FB9F439283FD1F914C8BBEF4.asp?ccb_key=6C5A3 150310840B7A6F830A78B1C7F37)

-Proctor & Gamble (Ohio based) has recently decided to venture into the "detail" business...They are a chemical manufacturer, after all.

So...How are detailers/detail business owners going to be able to compete with the investment capital these Corporations have?

Sure...The old saying is: "There's plenty of vehicles to go around for everyone to detail"...But getting the vehicle owners to shell out enough money for all of the detailers/detailing businesses to earn a "living wage" is another thing..

Just something to think about.

:)

Bob

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
02-08-2012, 04:15 PM
Did anybody catch the air hose he was letting slam onto the roof of the car lol

Porsche Pilot
02-08-2012, 04:37 PM
My Acura dealer offers the Auto Butler system. Can you believe the car has to sit in that medieval brush torture device for two 45 minute sessions?! Absolute insanity.

Ryansdetailing
02-08-2012, 04:38 PM
^^ LOL! i seen the air hose. how about the dirty rag the guy was using? Theres no way you can tell me that is safe for ANY kind of vehicle.

RTexasF
02-08-2012, 05:01 PM
takes 90 min to do a car?

how can that pay out?

It's a service they purchase when they buy the car. No doubt the price is sky high. If it's included in the finance they make even more money.