PDA

View Full Version : Bright Polished Aluminum Wheels

Enthusiast
02-07-2012, 08:46 PM
I just bought a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Edition and I have no idea what to use on the wheels. What would you guys use in bright polished aluminum wheels?? Feed back please

Kristopher1129
02-07-2012, 09:01 PM
Coated or uncoated? I can't imagine Jeep would put out uncoated aluminum rims. If they're coated, you could pretty much use whatever you want except for acid.

If they're not coated, use Sonax, or Griots HD wheel cleaner. Even if they're coated I would say Sonax. It's expensive, but that stuff rules. Griots will save you a few bucks, and do roughly the same thing just not as well IMO.

wildjyoung
02-07-2012, 09:39 PM
I have the same vehicle and my rims are coated. I put Opti Coat on them within the first two weeks of owning it.

TLMitchell
02-07-2012, 09:41 PM
I just bought a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Edition and I have no idea what to use on the wheels. What would you guys use in bright polished aluminum wheels?? Feed back please

While they're clean, new, without crud, pull 'em and clean thoroughly then Opti Coat them front & back and they'll be easy to clean up for a long, long time. If they ever get really cruddy it's hard to bring them back.

TL

Enthusiast
02-07-2012, 09:54 PM
Ok I will be sure to grab some and do it now while they are still brand new. Thanks for the help to everyone who posted!

Nappers
02-08-2012, 07:21 AM
Make sure they are clearcoated and do what they said if you like!

My wheels are machined clearcoated and I treat them just like the paint, Wash, Clay, clean, polish, maintain.

Remember, a dedicated wheel cleaner will wash wax off, I use regular soap when I wash unless they really need a good cleaning. Then re-wax after that.

GaDetailDoc
02-08-2012, 08:07 AM
Your wheels are coated. If there is extreme brake build up, then I would use a cleaner like Sonax or P21S (gel). Seal them and I assure you next time they will cleaner just as easily with a sudsy mixture of dawn along with your daytona wheel cleaning brush.