PDA

View Full Version : Got a nice phone call today...

Pages : [1] 2

Kristopher1129
02-07-2012, 02:22 PM
Customer with a fully restored 1970 Mercury Cougar. He wants a full correction, interior, engine bay,leather restoration...the whole shabang!

I was looking to buy Leatherique for the leather. For those of you who have used this product...does it work well? I really think that product will please the customer. I'd like to rejuvenate the leather if possible. Make it supple, and soft again.

Also, I haven't specifically done a Cougar before. I've done plenty of other classic muscle...but not a Cougar. Any tips or suggestions is welcome. :dblthumb2:

Stang Man
02-07-2012, 02:31 PM
Is it leather, or did they use vinyl back then? Something to think about.

Kristopher1129
02-07-2012, 02:32 PM
Is it leather, or did they use vinyl back then? Something to think about.

I was hoping somebody would answer that for me, ha. I asked him if it was leather. He said yes...but for some reason I doubt it.

Ted S.
02-07-2012, 02:32 PM
Pics, Pics, Pics. I know you don't always get the time for pictures as you are extemely busy Kris, but I've love seeing your work as it is, wait for it....

Ted S.
02-07-2012, 02:33 PM
EPIC
Im the MAN

Kristopher1129
02-07-2012, 02:34 PM
Pics, Pics, Pics. I know you don't always get the time for pictures as you are extemely busy Kris, but I've love seeing your work as it is, wait for it....

I'll have some pics for sure. I used to post pics a lot more often. It's been tough lately. Phone has been ringing like crazy.

But the good jobs I always try to take pictures of. Find my Facebook page, and you're more likely to catch photos. Thanks! :dblthumb2:

Ted S.
02-07-2012, 03:35 PM
I'll have some pics for sure. I used to post pics a lot more often. It's been tough lately. Phone has been ringing like crazy.

But the good jobs I always try to take pictures of. Find my Facebook page, and you're more likely to catch photos. Thanks! :dblthumb2:

Thanks for mentioning the Facebook page. If I don't see your write up here, I will look for it there.:props:

DP200248721
02-07-2012, 05:42 PM
I have a 1967 Cougar and my original seats were vinyl.. not too sure if they switched over to leather in that year.

SubieTrav
02-07-2012, 08:16 PM
The XR-7 had the option of leather seat.

Kristopher1129
02-07-2012, 08:51 PM
I have a 1967 Cougar and my original seats were vinyl.. not too sure if they switched over to leather in that year.

The XR-7 had the option of leather seat.

Hmmm. He seemed pretty confident that they were leather. It's been restored, so I wonder if they're even original...

bigbadbp7
02-07-2012, 09:50 PM
I had a 70 xr7 and mine were leather. Well if it was recover and he said its leather well id belive him. We definetally need some pictures. Im a Chevy guy at heart but if I owned another ford it would be a cougar.

Kristopher1129
02-07-2012, 09:52 PM
I had a 70 xr7 and mine were leather. Well if it was recover and he said its leather well id belive him. We definetally need some pictures. Im a Chevy guy at heart but if I owned another ford it would be a cougar.

I'll know when I take a whiff of the seat, ha.

I'll definitely post some pictures up. I have not seen the car in person yet...but this is one of those customers who was inspired by the work I did to his daily drivers. Now he trusts me and is bringing out the toys! lol

S2K
02-07-2012, 10:58 PM
And if they are leather, are they coated or uncoated? I really don't think you will improve the suppleness of coated leather, but you can get it clean and protected which will make it last longer. I have used Leatherique on coated leather and loved the results. I didn't notice much change in the leather but the dirt that came off was amazing. I had previously been cleaning my seats with APC+ 10:1 so they shouldn't have been very dirty but the rinse water after Leatherique was very dirty, so it pulled out dirt the APC+ couldn't touch. But remember one thing necessary for it to work is heat, I don't know how much of that you have in NH this time of year.

VW 91
02-07-2012, 11:25 PM
leather masters FTW

Kristopher1129
02-08-2012, 12:21 AM
Another thing he's concerned about on the 70 Cougar is the white convertible top.

Anybody know of any miracle products to make it bright white again?