PDA

View Full Version : Fk425??

Pages : [1] 2

WRAPT C5Z06
02-07-2012, 01:02 PM
Some say it's amazing, while others say it streaks a lot! Is there any QD that wipes off easy? I think all QD will streak if you use too much.

SRTSean
02-07-2012, 01:06 PM
I've used it and enjoyed it. Leaves a really slick finish and doesn't streak as long as the panel you're applying it to is cool, and you don't use too much. A couple sprays per panel is plenty.

KneeDragr
02-07-2012, 01:16 PM
Sometimes it has streaked on me, but I cant figure out what causes this and how to avoid. One thing for sure, its always as slick as wet ice!

Ted S.
02-07-2012, 01:55 PM
You probably just have to use the "magical amount!" Mark. I thought most people were done with QDs and moved on to WWs, but I'm glad I'm not the only one using QDs. Meg's Ultimate QD has never streaked on me.:xyxthumbs:

Porsche Pilot
02-07-2012, 01:59 PM
I buy the Fk425 four gallons at a time. I really enjoy working with it as a QD and the slickness and gloss is great IMO. Trick is a cool surface. Try misting the MF with it and see if that helps with the streaking. A little goes a long way.

CamaroSS27
02-07-2012, 02:05 PM
I am new with FK425 and it streaked on me bad my first use, not sure why.

WRAPT C5Z06
02-07-2012, 02:07 PM
You probably just have to use the "magical amount!" Mark.
:laughing:

pickles
02-07-2012, 03:02 PM
I love this stuff.It works really well for me when I spray it on a wet car before drying.I usually use one spray per panel 2-3 for the hood and I move the bottle while spraying to make a line across each panel.No problems with streaking,not even when overspray gets on the windows.

Old Tiger
02-07-2012, 03:02 PM
You probably just have to use the "magical amount!" Mark. I thought most people were done with QDs and moved on to WWs, but I'm glad I'm not the only one using QDs. Meg's Ultimate QD has never streaked on me.:xyxthumbs:
I was one of the first on the WW Bandwagon and have given away all of my QD's. IME UWW+ has no rival from a performance OR cost standpoint. It never streaks either. FK 425 was my favorite QD though and streaked less than the rest.

tw33k2514
02-07-2012, 03:04 PM
425 is good stuff. Il probably never buy it again though. UWW+ is just to good.

StephenK
02-07-2012, 03:16 PM
i had recieved a sample bottle with one of my orders cause i just had to try it with all the great reviews. well it did not streak on me but was not as slick as what everyone was saying. i found Croftgate Quick-n-Slick to much slicker

Hoytman
02-07-2012, 03:30 PM
... Is there any QD that wipes off easy? I think all QD will streak if you use too much.

Mark,
TW detailer spray hasn't streaked on me a single time. Many folks seem to scoff at using a TW product, and I've done the same thing, but this ICE stuff impresses me. Even the soap wash. It's all affordable too. That is if you can find it marked down like I seem to find all the time.

Remember I had sent you a few pm's telling you about the deals I had gotten on TW ICE clay kit's? Well the clay lubricant insdie the box is labeled as such, clay lubricant. I haven't been able to find more clay lubricant sold seperately from TW. However, I have had excellent luck using the TW synthetic detail spray as a lubricant for my clay. I love it and I haven't seen any streaks. I've burned through at least 6 clay kits and several more bottles of their synthetic detail spray. Others may not like it but I do. The smell is great to work with too. I actually think the clay lube and the synthetic detail spray (that I use as a lube) are the same product with different labels.

Oh...I'm seeing those kits at $10 again and have bought several more. I paid $9 for my last 6 kits. They retail for almost $18 at most places, but I manage to keep finding the deals. At the price of the clay alone in the kit they are worth it.

I want to get some of the clay foam blocks to use, but I haven't placed an order yet.

Hoytman
02-07-2012, 03:39 PM
I failed to mention that if I keep finding the TW marked down I'll continue to use it. I bought two bottles of QD today for $5.50. They normally run about $8.88-$9.50 per bottle. Hey, the stuff works in a pinch when it's on sale like that, and when I'm waiting on the Meg's gallons to go a good sale.

Sorry, didn't mean to make this a TW thread.

Dr Oldz
02-07-2012, 04:05 PM
I was one of the first on the WW Bandwagon and have given away all of my QD's. IME UWW+ has no rival from a performance OR cost standpoint. It never streaks either.

:iagree:

Whare is the "like" button?

loudog2
02-07-2012, 04:30 PM
I always follow it with a plush MF wipedown after it dries. It shows up more on my new black car then it did on my platinum graphite. Of course balck shows moreI know.