PDA

View Full Version : 2nd attempt with GG DA

Bluefan
02-07-2012, 07:27 AM
Method used M105 with orange LCC flat pad, M205 with White LCC flat pad, M205 Grey LCC flat pad and 2 coats Collinite 845 with blue LCC flat pad.

Observations: the M105 is not the easiest product to wipe off. Also I was somewhat disappointed with the cutting of the orange pad. Some scratches were not removed with it even though they were not that deep. I also feel I need to get a smaller truck. Took about 18 hours to complete the vehicle. Over all I was pleased with the results.

1 Question: can someone recomend a good buffing pad. I think if i could have used the polisher to buff out the vehicle it would have looked even better.

I may also look into getting some Minzerna polish. I think it would bring out the finish even more.

mark58
02-07-2012, 07:31 AM
Next time try Ultimate Compound and Ultimate Polish much easier to wipe down and no dusting. Better yet look int buying a Microfiber Correction System and I am sure you will be pleased and work would be done in less then 1/2 of the time with great results.

mjlinane
02-07-2012, 07:34 AM
Nice work and it is a big truck!

SkateForGirl
02-07-2012, 03:32 PM
Nice work. It looks so wet in the third picture

embolism
02-07-2012, 03:39 PM
all you need to do is wash the truck properly and you should be done with compounding. At most, you may need some 205 or Ultimate polish to keep the marring at bay.

imo, you shouldn't worry about getting a show car finish on a daily driver or something like a work/play truck...

it does look really good though. Those tires look boss!