PDA

View Full Version : anyone near Grand Rapids MI with a paint depth gauge?

Sorang06
02-07-2012, 12:36 AM
i want to do a long awaited correction on my 02 pontiac grand prix. I bought the car used 5 years ago and have no clue how much clear i have to work with. im willing to drive to you and buy your beverage of choice! They are just too expensive for me to buy one when i would only use it a couple times.

C. Charles Hahn
02-07-2012, 02:05 PM
I'm down here in Lansing, if you're looking to drive that far; otherwise if you want to wait for spring I will have a few jobs in GR to do so I'll be closer to you then.

What sort of condition is your paint in?

Sorang06
02-07-2012, 02:17 PM
It's swirled pretty good! Its in the condition you would expect an 02 to be in with an owner who keeps it washed weekly and has kept wax on it and that's it. I might wait till spring when you come to the gr area so you can measure my grand prix and the vette.

C. Charles Hahn
02-07-2012, 02:46 PM
It's swirled pretty good! Its in the condition you would expect an 02 to be in with an owner who keeps it washed weekly and has kept wax on it and that's it. I might wait till spring when you come to the gr area so you can measure my grand prix and the vette.

Gotcha.

Sorry to say, but I won't be able to measure the 'vette -- my PTG doesn't read on fiberglass (and unless I win the lotto or start getting a ton more 'vettes in for aggressive correction, I probably won't be spending $3K for one that can any time soon).

I can certainly take a look at it and give you an opinion on a good plan of attack though; two of the cars I'll be working on up there are another C5, and a C1 :buffing:

Sorang06
02-07-2012, 06:37 PM
A plan of attack is exactly what I would need. I just bought a GG DA a month ago along with red, orange, gray, white, green LC pads, bfwd all paint protection, 845, pinnacle clay kit, and some other stuff. I just don't have a warm place to do it until spring. I can't wait to try it all out.