PDA

View Full Version : A question about XMT Finishing Glaze...

FloridaNative
05-09-2006, 03:55 PM
Hey all. I am really excited about the new XMT products. The feedback has been tremendous and the pics even more so. I am in the market for a PC, but have not purchased it yet. I know that XMT is designed to be used with machines, but I am really dying to try out the finishing glaze and I wonder if I could use it by hand? Has anybody done a test by hand just for kicks that can give me their feedback about the results? Thanks to all who reply.:p

Kelso
05-09-2006, 04:53 PM
ill have the xmt PC kit in like 2 weeks. even though i havent used it yet, i already feel good about requesting that as my present, which means i basically bought it anyways. ill comment on it for sure, and mybe do like half my hood to show comparison, even though its an alpine white bmw.

Excessive Detail
05-09-2006, 05:42 PM
I have used all of the xmt products and they are amazing. They go on easy and come off easy, and they smell great. You could apply the glaze by hand, but I would do it with a pc and a finishing pad to ensure even dristribution. I applied the glaze by hand on the places that were hard to get to with my pc and their really wasn't much of a difference. Still I'd wait till you get your pc.

ScottB
05-09-2006, 05:52 PM
To get the best results from any polish or finishing polish , a machine is highly suggested. With the exception of the glaze, none of these products will work BEST by hand. The glaze has some light fillers and protection, and thus could be used by hand also.

FloridaNative
05-09-2006, 07:37 PM
Grrrrrrrrr. Now I am really torn. On the one hand the glaze only costs $12.99 so I could justify buying it and just toying with it by hand but then again, I know already that I will be getting a PC in the near future so I wonder if I should not be impulsive and just wait and get the whole kit. Ay decisions, decisions.

Kelso
05-09-2006, 08:50 PM
id say get the kit... you get almost 100 dollars off!

FloridaNative
05-23-2006, 03:24 PM
Ay, temptation got the better of me AGAIN! I couldn't wait! I went up to the Driver's Seat and bought some XMT finishing glaze along with some other stuff! AG's gonna put me in the poor house I swear! lol My car goes back in the shop tomorrow, but when she comes back again I will be using my XMT. :) Can't wait!

BILL
06-24-2006, 07:38 AM
Ay, temptation got the better of me AGAIN! I couldn't wait! I went up to the Driver's Seat and bought some XMT finishing glaze along with some other stuff! AG's gonna put me in the poor house I swear! lol My car goes back in the shop tomorrow, but when she comes back again I will be using my XMT. :) Can't wait!

huh huh huh???? SOOOOOOOOOO ??? DID YOU USE IT BY HAND????:awesome:

Chech out this tread anwsers my question about applying XMT glaze by hand.......
A question about XMT Finishing Glaze

louieT
06-24-2006, 06:58 PM
huh huh huh???? SOOOOOOOOOO ??? DID YOU USE IT BY HAND????:awesome:

Chech out this tread anwsers my question about applying XMT glaze by hand.......
A question about XMT Finishing Glaze

The hand jobs seem to work the best...:applause:

abrcrombe
06-24-2006, 07:02 PM
I prefer applying glazes and waxes by hand. Basically I enjoy using my hands unless I can't. Example: Swirl and scratch removal.

BILL
06-24-2006, 07:05 PM
I prefer applying glazes and waxes by hand. Basically I enjoy using my hands unless I can't. Example: Swirl and scratch removal.

Me too....:iagree: .i tryed the swirl removing by hand and forget it.....:o

abrcrombe
06-24-2006, 07:08 PM
LOL, what a waste of time huh? It isn't that I don't like the PC, it is just I feel better using my hands.

BILL
06-24-2006, 07:11 PM
LOL, what a waste of time huh? It isn't that I don't like the PC, it is just I feel better using my hands.

More personal......like massaging your ride making it feel good, and look good.......nothing better.....;)

justin_murphy
06-24-2006, 07:15 PM
PC for all my wax apps.
Set it on #3 and I use the white Edge pad. Goes on so thin...you can barely see it.

Always 2 coats of wax....always.

abrcrombe
06-24-2006, 07:18 PM
Well that would be the quickest way to do it. Do you also do this on your civic?