PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning your microfiber towels?

Pages : [1] 2

5000XD
03-05-2006, 10:23 AM
I put mine in the washing machine plus use plain simple washing powder (not much). Have done this numerous times and they (a bunch of Cobra towels and a few with no brand) seem to hold up pretty well.

How do you guys wash/clean yours? Do you also use the microfiber rejuvenator?

Sherman8r44
03-05-2006, 10:28 AM
I do the same thing except I use a liquid, not powder.

joe.p
03-05-2006, 11:01 AM
I have used Liquid Detergent, Oxy Clean,APC, Pinnacle Microfiber Rejuvenator. When washing my MFs i consider what products are on'em or how dirty the towels are, this will determine what i use and how i wash them..I almost always use the Pinnacle Rejuvenator when washing the better of my MFs. Hope the information is useful..

cwcad
03-05-2006, 11:57 AM
I use a dedicated MF towel detergent to wash all my detailing towels and pads. Have used Micro Restoe with great success. I stopped using it because I found it a little to expensive.

Have had success with most OTC products that do not contain any enhancers. No bleach or fabric softners.

At this time I am using Charlie's Soap. It works well.

Detail_Guy
03-05-2006, 01:00 PM
I hand wash mine in hot water (wearing nitrile rubber gloves) with Liquid Tide.
Then I rinse them thoroughly in warm water with a little distilled vinegar and allow them to air dry.

sooper
03-05-2006, 03:40 PM
Liquid detergent and a scoop of Oxy Clean.

Djmigs
03-05-2006, 04:43 PM
tide powder or woolite

Bluesbrekr
03-05-2006, 05:10 PM
Plain liquid detergent seems to work fairly well. I have some MF detergent coming soon, though.

Don't use powdered detergent. If it doesn't all disolve, some may get trapped in the towel and result in scratches/swirls when you use them.

Sevenrd
03-05-2006, 05:48 PM
I'm currently using Sonus MF wash in the washing machine. Once I run out of the Sonus I'll likely just use regular liguid detergent.

5000XD
03-05-2006, 06:01 PM
Hmmm, I might stop using powder detergent then. Come to think of it sometimes it really feels as if there are still traces of powder in there.

Sevenrd
03-05-2006, 08:09 PM
Hmmm, I might stop using powder detergent then. Come to think of it sometimes it really feels as if there are still traces of powder in there.

You probably should stop using powder. Everything I've read suggests liquid detergent is best for MF washing.

joe.p
03-06-2006, 01:11 AM
You probably should stop using powder. Everything I've read suggests liquid detergent is best for MF washing.
Ditto this. The powder will not dissolve completely..

MasterShineBoy
03-06-2006, 01:30 AM

Thanks for brings that up! You can never be too careful with your cars finish. I just started using Pinnacle Micro Rejuvinator and I have found its ability to get mf "cleaner" ahs made it well worth it as t has aided in the removal of polishes and waxes-sealants.

5000XD
03-06-2006, 05:47 AM
Thanks for brings that up! You can never be too careful with your cars finish. I just started using Pinnacle Micro Rejuvinator and I have found its ability to get mf "cleaner" ahs made it well worth it as t has aided in the removal of polishes and waxes-sealants.

I got the rejuvinator from Pinnacle in a kit I bought last year and was trying to use it as economical as possible. Combining liquid detergent and the rejuvinator from time to time might be a good option for me then :D

Sleper
03-06-2006, 06:55 AM
I wash by hand with Dawn dish soap and warm/hot water. Rinse out numerous times. My $0.02:)