PDA

View Full Version : Couple questions!

Ryansdetailing
02-06-2012, 03:05 PM
New to the site and just need a couple questions answered!

What is the most effective product to remove yellow and white line paint? Right now I use a virgin laquer thinner with a terry towel on the wheel wells. If the paint has been on there for some time I heat it up very carefully with a heat gun, it takes some scrubbing but comes off pretty easily.

One reason i joined this site is to read up on the PC DA 7424xp. I am going purchase it very soon but i am overwhelmed by all of the different swirl remover and compounds people are using. I like to stick with one company! So who has the most effective compounds and swirl remover to combine with that PC DA?

rider9195
02-06-2012, 03:29 PM
I would look into the Meguiars microfiber system. Very easy to use and only two products to deal with. Just be sure to get the 5 inch pads.

tw33k2514
02-06-2012, 03:46 PM
I would look into the Meguiars microfiber system. Very easy to use and only two products to deal with. Just be sure to get the 5 inch pads.

Agree 100%

Ryansdetailing
02-06-2012, 06:48 PM
watched the video and it looks like an awesome product, im definately going to give it a try. I still would like to stick with the porter cable DA so ill just have to purchase them microfiber pads. Or do you think i should just order theyre DA polisher?

rider9195
02-06-2012, 07:13 PM
watched the video and it looks like an awesome product, im definately going to give it a try. I still would like to stick with the porter cable DA so ill just have to purchase them microfiber pads. Or do you think i should just order theyre DA polisher?

You will get many different opinions about what polisher to get. Weather it be the 7424XP, Griot's, or Meguiar's they all do the same thing. The Griot's is the most powerful out of them, but the PC will be plenty powerful as long as you get the 5 inch pads as I mentioned earlier. :xyxthumbs:

Ryansdetailing
02-06-2012, 07:31 PM
Awesome..heard to many good things about the PC! But im definately going to stick to megs for my compounds, swirl removers and other waxes and sealants. Rider, youve never experienced taking off line/road paint?

rider9195
02-06-2012, 07:37 PM
Awesome..heard to many good things about the PC! But im definately going to stick to megs for my compounds, swirl removers and other waxes and sealants. Rider, youve never experienced taking off line/road paint?

I have never had to deal with taking off road paint. I remember a similar question about taking it off and found the thread.

Here it is, http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/41831-yellow-road-paint.html

ski2
02-06-2012, 09:20 PM

Keep in mind that the Groits also has a lifetime warranty in addition to being the most powerful of the DAs.

Ryansdetailing
02-07-2012, 07:51 AM
Thanks for pointing that out, thats really important to anyone.

Ryansdetailing
02-07-2012, 08:06 AM
Are you guys using this new microfiber system in place of the M105 and M205? Or do you Have both in your garages?