PDA

View Full Version : Vacuum / Blower advice

VOLVOS60
02-06-2012, 12:32 PM
As spring is approaching, I'm considering buying a blower (Metro Master Blaster). I'm curious as to how the vacuum and blower combos work as compared to just the blower. I currently use a dyson vacuum but I would be open to buying a combo to save garage space. I wondered how the Metro vacuums compared to the Dyson ( I have the Dyson auto kit). Basically I wanted some input if I should buy the combo or just the blower. Thanks.

Bunky
02-06-2012, 07:24 PM
The 8 HP master blaster has 2x the output of the vac n blo due to the master blaster twin motor design. To achieve maximum air flow from the vac, you have to remove the end cap, bag/paper filters on the intake side.

The vac n blo can dry but not nearly as fast as the Master Blaster. For example, on tires I would hold the nozzle less than 1-in from the surface. You can get further away with the Master Blaster.

TheCougarGuy
02-07-2012, 12:04 PM
I would say keep using your Dyson and buy the Master Blaster. It's a lot of money but it works great. My drying time on my F150 SuperCrew used to take me forever to dry but now I'm done in about 10 minutes and no dripping from the mirrors and lights!