PDA

View Full Version : Considering an LSP Comparison Test and Wanted Opinions

Pages : [1] 2

Monster Shine
02-05-2012, 07:46 PM
Hey guys, I know there is currently an LSP test being done by another member, but I had wanted to try one and have a good spare panel and wanted to know what products you guys would like to see compared? I will try my best to accommodate to what people would like to see, but my budget isn't huge so keep that in mind.

I currently have and plan on including:

Meguiar's NXT 2.0 Liquid Wax
Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Wax
BLACKFIRE WD All Finish Paint Protection

The panel will be a spare door skin from a 2002 Camaro and the paint color is "Navy Blue Metallic Pearl"

My plan is as follows:

Wash
Clay
Polish as many defect as possible out for a level surface
Strip all residue with a prep agent
Section off panel to number of products to be tested
Apply product as recommended by manufacturer

I will then photograph the differences in the panel to show any noticeable difference in depth, color and other differences. From that point forward the door skin will be left outside of my home in central Iowa where it will be openly exposed to the elements. Once a week I will soak down the panel and take pictures to show reference to durability, loss of gloss, etc.

So please let me know what products you would like to see in this test. Thanks for your time! :cheers:

Spiney
02-05-2012, 10:16 PM
I'm still a newbie. I'd like to see OTC products compared like Meg's Gold class Carnuba vs the NXT 2.0 vs Mothers, etc. thanks, Spiney

Monster Shine
02-05-2012, 11:22 PM
I'm still a newbie. I'd like to see OTC products compared like Meg's Gold class Carnuba vs the NXT 2.0 vs Mothers, etc. thanks, Spiney

Noted and will be considered. That would certainly keep it easy on me. Thanks for your suggestion!

:dblthumb2:

LegacyGT
02-06-2012, 01:10 AM
One tip I can offer on review threads is to learn from the master: CEE Dog, here is one of many examples of his fantastic reviews:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/34883-review-extreme-testing-opti-coat-2-0-cquartz.html

Monster Shine
02-06-2012, 04:15 AM
One tip I can offer on review threads is to learn from the master: CEE Dog, here is one of many examples of his fantastic reviews:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/34883-review-extreme-testing-opti-coat-2-0-cquartz.html

Oh ya, believe me he is my go to for most products I am looking to find reviews on.

tuscarora dave
02-06-2012, 06:41 AM
Turtle wax Black Box vs. NXT 2.0

Rix6
02-06-2012, 07:30 AM
Turtle wax Black Box vs. NXT 2.0That would be pretty cool. I was going to post earlier that I'd rather see megs ultimate wax, rather than NXT 2.0, compared to Pinnacle liquid and BFWD, but I'd hate the OP to shell out $20+ on a bottle or tin of ultimate wax just for our edification. Run what you brung :buffing:

Monster Shine
02-06-2012, 02:16 PM
Turtle wax Black Box vs. NXT 2.0

Noted, thanks!

That would be pretty cool. I was going to post earlier that I'd rather see megs ultimate wax, rather than NXT 2.0, compared to Pinnacle liquid and BFWD, but I'd hate the OP to shell out $20+ on a bottle or tin of ultimate wax just for our edification. Run what you brung :buffing:

I will see what I can do about picking some up, thanks!

Vellie
02-06-2012, 04:23 PM

I dont think anyone will have the amount of insight as Cee Dog. I welcome any reviews but Cee Dogs go above and beyond the call of duty...

Monster Shine
02-06-2012, 06:18 PM
I dont think anyone will have the amount of insight as Cee Dog. I welcome any reviews but Cee Dogs go above and beyond the call of duty...

Inspiring? :dunno:

:laughing:

umi000
02-06-2012, 11:45 PM
It'd be interesting to see how the new Mothers California Gold Synthetic compares, but again I'd not want you to go out and buy something that you might or might not like...

Bates Detailing
02-06-2012, 11:50 PM
LSP - If ecosmart (now carried by AG) falls in that category - then please review that!

I may have LSD mixed up with something else lol, what does LSP stand for?

Monster Shine
02-07-2012, 02:20 AM
It'd be interesting to see how the new Mothers California Gold Synthetic compares, but again I'd not want you to go out and buy something that you might or might not like...

Noted, will see what I can do.

BWG707
02-07-2012, 05:25 AM
I'd like to see XMT 360 Spray Wax vs. Meguiars Ultimate Quik Wax.

rwright
02-07-2012, 06:43 AM
I'll pitch in a sample as needed if I have it.