PDA

View Full Version : Porsche Very Hard Clear

monito
02-05-2012, 08:07 AM
I did a boxter yesterday and it was very stuborn. It had lots of scratches. I had to sand most of them, but there were other ares that I will use the orange pad 3 x 6 passes and the fainted scratches will still show. I got tired and used the yellow pad in this areas and finally worked.

After 9 hours of hard labor, my friend told me that the car had never look this nice :smile:

P@

Nick McKees37
02-05-2012, 09:50 AM
After 9 hours of hard labor, my friend told me that the car had never look this nice :smile:

And that justifies all the hard work. :dblthumb2:

tuscarora dave
02-05-2012, 09:58 AM
I haven't done a Boxter yet. What machine and what compound did you use? Also what grit sand paper did you use. It would be nice to know what compounds and/or machines worked and what didn't, that way we too can learn from your hard work.:)

jpegs13
02-05-2012, 01:03 PM
I have a GT3 and yes, it's a pain to correct, almost as hard as cerami-clear. But once it shines, man it looks great!
Dave, I use a GG with Menz SIP with and orange pad, then finish with PO85rd with a grey pad.

tuscarora dave
02-05-2012, 01:11 PM
I have a GT3 and yes, it's a pain to correct, almost as hard as cerami-clear. But once it shines, man it looks great!
Dave, I use a GG with Menz SIP with and orange pad, then finish with PO85rd with a grey pad.
Thanks John, I am pretty much a 105/205 exclusive user now but I think I'd like to give SIP a try this spring. I am sold on the 85RD for taking the gloss over the edge.:xyxthumbs:

Malibulx3
02-05-2012, 04:36 PM
What year was the car?

I ask because I'm going to correct a '92 C2 and wonder if the paint is also hard.

jpegs13
02-05-2012, 05:26 PM
What year was the car?

I ask because I'm going to correct a '92 C2 and wonder if the paint is also hard.

'92 Porsches didn't use clear on white and red. What color are you doing? Do a little test with polish on an applicator pad, see if you get color on it.

Cosmin
02-05-2012, 05:31 PM
95% of porsche i been worked on had mid to soft paint , it happen once when the defects were serious and i have to use some more aggressive combo , but most of them i do it with polish pad.

Porsche Pilot
02-05-2012, 05:31 PM
The only "really soft" Porsche paint in my opinion is black. The rest can be quirky sometimes. Cayennes have had the hardest clears of the brand IMO. My Arctic Silver 996 is manageable but sometimes you have to beat it into submission. Like jpegs said, guards red and white in 92 are single stage and actually a pleasure to work with.

Malibulx3
02-05-2012, 08:27 PM
'92 Porsches didn't use clear on white and red. What color are you doing? Do a little test with polish on an applicator pad, see if you get color on it.

Black. I'll do a test spot and see what I'm up against.

monito
02-06-2012, 11:44 AM
I haven't done a Boxter yet. What machine and what compound did you use? Also what grit sand paper did you use. It would be nice to know what compounds and/or machines worked and what didn't, that way we too can learn from your hard work.:)

2000 sand paper on scratches
Pinnacle ASR and Pinnacle AFP
Yellow pad on stuborn areas orange on others
Four Star ultimate paint protection
Pinnacle liquid souveran wax

http://img.tapatalk.com/c6e4eabe-0336-a73f.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/c6e4eabe-035a-4a12.jpg

P@