PDA

View Full Version : First time walking into a dealership..

Pages : [1] 2

Dugdug
02-04-2012, 10:40 PM
So my business is pretty new. About 5 months old. Business is doing pretty good but I'm still looking for more. The last month I've been syking myself up to walk in to some dealerships and speaking to owners. Never done anything like this before. Pretty nervous, asking myself, what do I say ect.

So today I was driving by a dealership and decided, effit... I spotted a lotus outside with some paint defects and walked in, asked for the owner and told him "I want to polish that Lutus" It needed it. We chatted for a bit and long story short, I'm gonna correct it along with a BMW he has on monday. He didn't even lowball me. I say it went pretty good for my first time lol

I walked out of the dealership and headed to my car with a giant smirk on my face ;)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-kKvEvaXwH-g/TfV_0v7tgUI/AAAAAAAAAjs/47CzBqBWG88/s1600/hellyeah.jpg

jonn127
02-04-2012, 10:43 PM
man, that is awesome. Congrats!!

alko
02-04-2012, 10:43 PM
Thats whats up man!! Congrats!!!

Dugdug
02-04-2012, 10:48 PM
Thats whats up man!! Congrats!!!

man, that is awesome. Congrats!!

http://troll.me/images/victory-baby/yes.jpg

tw33k2514
02-04-2012, 10:54 PM
Congrats man!

And seriously.... Best picture ever!!

slickooz
02-04-2012, 10:55 PM
Congrats!!!

Kristopher1129
02-04-2012, 11:07 PM
Impressive man. Nice job! Don't expect that reaction every time though, haha.

IME, dealerships can be pretty stingy.

Dugdug
02-04-2012, 11:14 PM
Impressive man. Nice job! Don't expect that reaction every time though, haha.

IME, dealerships can be pretty stingy.

Yeah I imagine. But then again, I can always walk out and go to another one lol There's so many around here. More than any other city I've been in lol

Kristopher1129
02-04-2012, 11:25 PM
Yeah I imagine. But then again, I can always walk out and go to another one lol There's so many around here. More than any other city I've been in lol

Very true. Gotta be careful when they try to low ball you. You don't wanna get caught up in a half off deal forever. Then when your retail clientele grows...you'll be stuck with these cheap jobs, and they become a headache.

I'm surround by dealerships. I do no business with any of them, except for stuff their detailers can't handle. They know who does the quality work in town, and are willing to pay to have that piece of mind on certain jobs. That is good enough for me.

I also do all the managers/staffs personal vehicles at the largest dealership near me. That in itself can bring in quite a bit of business. The fact that they'd rather pay me in full, than have their detailer touch it for practically free...says quite a bit. They don't hesitate to send customers in my direction either.

Sometimes it's best to impress them once and have them pay in full...then walk away without working out a "deal". Trust me, the phone will ring again.

If they aren't willing to pay up...then having their respect is the best way to leave the relationship IMO. :dblthumb2:

Dugdug
02-04-2012, 11:39 PM
Very true. Gotta be careful when they try to low ball you. You don't wanna get caught up in a half off deal forever. Then when your retail clientele grows...you'll be stuck with these cheap jobs, and they become a headache.

I'm surround by dealerships. I do no business with any of them, except for stuff their detailers can't handle. They know who does the quality work in town, and are willing to pay to have that piece of mind on certain jobs. That is good enough for me.

I also do all the managers/staffs personal vehicles at the largest dealership near me. That in itself can bring in quite a bit of business. The fact that they'd rather pay me in full, than have their detailer touch it for practically free...says quite a bit. They don't hesitate to send customers in my direction either.

Sometimes it's best to impress them once and have them pay in full...then walk away without working out a "deal". Trust me, the phone will ring again.

If they aren't willing to pay up...then having their respect is the best way to leave the relationship IMO. :dblthumb2:

Thank you for the insight. I will keep that in mind as I talk to more dealerships.

rider9195
02-05-2012, 12:11 AM
The worst they can say is no. Good to hear your business is making progress!

SkateForGirl
02-05-2012, 12:37 AM
Nice job man. You gotta post that in the Show N Shine section. I can't wait to see that one. What color and model was it?

tuscarora dave
02-05-2012, 12:48 AM
Good deal DugDug, In my area there are about 400 used car dealers in the tri-county area. I have a packet titled "Plan C" that has the address and phone number of every one of them starting with the closest ones to where I live and the further away they are the further down the list they are. I haven't had to use it yet but it is my ace in the hole plan if things get real ugly for me.

Dugdug
02-05-2012, 01:23 AM
Nice job man. You gotta post that in the Show N Shine section. I can't wait to see that one. What color and model was it?

Im not sure exactly what year it was. I don't know a whole lot about Lotus other than they look friggen cool lol But it was black, black leather seats and dash with greyish/tan carpet.

It's this one or one very similar
http://www.idcow.net/idcow/products/aa2181.jpg

I'll be sure to post it in the who n shine section when I'm done.

Bates Detailing
02-05-2012, 01:30 AM
Awesome story man - very inspiring!

I never go to dealerships - had one call me up over the summer though, did about 1,000 in work for them in a week..... they were very happy but never heard back from them lol. New dealership, I didnt budge on pricing.... probably found much cheaper "detailers".

Makes me want to try your method, thanks again man :dblthumb2: