PDA

View Full Version : cooking for a new friend, how's this sound?

Pages : [1] 2

tuscarora dave
02-04-2012, 09:34 PM
Getting my cooking skills on tonight. I met a new friend recently and we haven't had a first date yet but she wants a date. I texted her this evening and said that i was getting my cooking skills on tonight, preparing a meal with reheating the dish in mind, just in case she has time to join me for lunch or dinner tomorrow. Either way this goes, whether or not she has time or feels like joining me tomorrow the spoils of my effort will still be enjoyed regardless. Here's what I'm preparing.

1 1/2 pound London Broil cut in half, butterflied then pounded thin with meat tenderizer.

On each piece I'll layer a thin layer of olive oil, fresh spinach, Gorgonzola cheese and a hint of thyme and jalapeno pepper.

The layered London broil will then get rolled up into a log of sorts, toothpicked and baked at 350 degrees for 30 minutes and at 30 minutes I'll turn them and very lightly sprinkle them with finely chopped Gorgonzola and a dash of Adobo and a sprig of thyme as a garnish.

Aside this will be a baked sweet potato with butter and brown sugar and baby carrots with a home made honey glaze.

So what do you all think of my recipe?

tw33k2514
02-04-2012, 09:37 PM
Reading it made my mouth water. So I see that as a good sign!

VISITOR
02-04-2012, 09:39 PM
what do you plan on for dessert?

rider9195
02-04-2012, 09:42 PM
It sounds like it should be a great meal. Think of a small desert to finish off.

sparty
02-04-2012, 09:42 PM
Other than the thyme (I am allergic to it) - Yum!

Hope the dinner goes well for you.

- Sparty

alko
02-04-2012, 09:43 PM
Shoot if she don't come over I'll come over!!! That sounds really freakin good!

Porsche Pilot
02-04-2012, 09:54 PM
Sounds fantastic. I would sprinkle the outside of the roll with some kosher salt and black ground pepper. It adds a little more flavor to that cut and will brown nicely into a crust.

tuscarora dave
02-04-2012, 10:11 PM
Reading it made my mouth water. So I see that as a good sign!
That is definitely a good sign, thanks.

what do you plan on for dessert?
Man I forgot all about dessert.

It sounds like it should be a great meal. Think of a small desert to finish off.
Again the desert, any suggestions?

Other than the thyme (I am allergic to it) - Yum!
Hope the dinner goes well for you.

- Sparty
The last thing in the text was "are you allergic to any foods?" answer was "No, I'm not allergic" so I'm covered there. (sounds like a yes too)

Shoot if she don't come over I'll come over!!! That sounds really freakin good!
I was telling one of my best friends about this and he said, "let me put you on speaker, say that again so my wife can hear it" and the wife said exactly what you did. :xyxthumbs:

Sounds fantastic. I would sprinkle the outside of the roll with some kosher salt and black ground pepper. It adds a little more flavor to that cut and will brown nicely into a crust.

Maybe I'll have to go back out for that, prepare all this tonight and bake it tomorrow. That does sound like a good deal for sure. Thanks

TLMitchell
02-04-2012, 11:10 PM
Again the desert, any suggestions?

That depends on how well you get along over dinner :D

TL

Kristopher1129
02-04-2012, 11:11 PM
What time should I be there? :drool:

tuscarora dave
02-04-2012, 11:37 PM
That depends on how well you get along over dinner :D

TL
:xyxthumbs: :bolt:

What time should I be there? :drool:
The sweet potatoes are par cooked, made the honey glaze and the carrots are on the stove now and the Florentine Tuscarora Rolls :laughing: are made up and covered marinating in a light coat of EVOO in the fridge. Man does it smell great in here!!!:drool: I think if you started driving now you might be here in time to get them in the oven.

Kristopher1129
02-04-2012, 11:50 PM
:xyxthumbs: :bolt:

The sweet potatoes are par cooked, made the honey glaze and the carrots are on the stove now and the Florentine Tuscarora Rolls :laughing: are made up and covered marinating in a light coat of EVOO in the fridge. Man does it smell great in here!!!:drool: I think if you started driving now you might be here in time to get them in the oven.

I'm on my way. :bolt:

tuscarora dave
02-05-2012, 12:05 AM
I'm on my way. :bolt:
OK, but you can't stay for dessert. :xyxthumbs:

tw33k2514
02-05-2012, 12:11 AM
You should make a cake. A man that can make a cake must be impressive to a lady...

bimmer325!
02-05-2012, 12:18 AM
Dave..sounds GOOD but...don't forget to buff both sides for presentation! What kinda pad combo do you recommend for London Broil?