PDA

View Full Version : Chemical Guys Black Light

Pages : [1] 2

R/TED
02-04-2012, 08:49 PM
Can some of the CG users give some info on this and the 5050 wax and the lava wax? Is the Black Light more of a sealant or a sealant glaze. How would you compare the two waxes i mentioned to Midnight Sun, Souvern. The CG line sounds pretty interesting. Any info would be appreciated.

silverfox
02-04-2012, 09:09 PM
BL is a cleaner, polish (has fine abrasives), glaze, and sealant. Some use it as an LSP (protects up to three months in my experience) or if you want you can use it as an AIO with a polishing pad. It looks amazing topped with a wax or V7. I love this product and wouldn't hesitate at all to get some. Incredibly easy to use. Can be layered. Lava over BL must look incredible. 5050 over BL also great combo.

asd60303
02-04-2012, 09:41 PM
I used it with V7 and didn't really like the depth that I got. Also it was my first time using it so maybe I messed up somehow?

Disclaimer: I also didn't wip edown or wash the car after polishing due to time constraints and 5 inches of snow on the ground.

R/TED
02-04-2012, 09:53 PM
Just watched video on You Tube of Black Light, V7 combo on black paint, Looked great. I may have to try this combo along with Lava wax.

asd60303
02-04-2012, 10:11 PM
link to the vid? I did my above combo on an 05 gto with the metallic black (don't know the color off hand).

PPLd
02-04-2012, 10:20 PM
Blacklight is an amazing product.
You might want to take a look with a professional review on Blacklight done by Todd Cooperider.
Try to google it.

GMtruckguy
02-04-2012, 10:26 PM
link to the vid? I did my above combo on an 05 gto with the metallic black (don't know the color off hand).

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoJgPch5NzU&list=UUgEcPol_nG9_aFJbB8ameLg&index=26&feature=plcp]Chemical Guys - Hybrid V7 + Blacklight Radiant Finish Protection System - YouTube[/video]

Here it is I think.

Porsche Pilot
02-04-2012, 10:28 PM
Blacklight is an amazing product.
You might want to take a look with a professional review on Blacklight done by Todd Cooperider.
Try to google it.

Todd uses Blacklight on almost every detail he does. His review is well done and he will gladly answer any additional questions.

Rsurfer
02-04-2012, 10:46 PM
The Chemical Guy's vid sure did not look like it has any abrasives or cleaners. It was applied like a LSP and allowed to dry for 15 minutes and buffed off.

BL is a cleaner, polish (has fine abrasives), glaze, and sealant. Some use it as an LSP (protects up to three months in my experience) or if you want you can use it as an AIO with a polishing pad. It looks amazing topped with a wax or V7. I love this product and wouldn't hesitate at all to get some. Incredibly easy to use. Can be layered. Lava over BL must look incredible. 5050 over BL also great combo.

tw33k2514
02-04-2012, 11:02 PM
Any of you BL users know if it stains trim?

SkateForGirl
02-05-2012, 12:10 AM
I love Blacklight. I used it for the first time last night. I used it with my PC at setting 4 with a gray ccs pad and topped with V7 and man it glows literally haha. It's good stuff and I wouldn't hesitate buying it.

50/50 is very good stuff to. I've used it twice and its got really good durability.

embolism
02-05-2012, 12:46 AM

unfortunately, yes it does

tw33k2514
02-05-2012, 12:57 AM
Sounds like the looks are worth the tape. Il give it a try.

shoeless89
02-05-2012, 01:02 AM

BlackLight does NOT have any abrasives. I was confused when I bought it a couple months ago so I called Chemical Guys and they confirmed that is does not have any abrasives. If you use it as an AIO the cutting ability is coming from the pad and not the product. :buffing:

Yes it does :( I found out the hard way when I was detailing a Black Audi A4

asd60303
02-05-2012, 01:10 AM
Chemical Guys - Hybrid V7 + Blacklight Radiant Finish Protection System - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoJgPch5NzU&list=UUgEcPol_nG9_aFJbB8ameLg&index=26&feature=plcp)

Here it is I think.

thanks I did it the exact same way except I sprayed the v7 directly on the car and wiped off.