PDA

View Full Version : What products would you get a non car person?

Pages : [1] 2

glen e
02-03-2012, 06:06 PM
A lot of my friends know when I get the bug about something, I research the hell outta of it and end up buying much more than I need as I like to try new things. I'm sure many of you share the same addiction. So many friends recently have asked me to put together a basic kit to keep their cars clean and in good shape. Absolutely nothing fancy, just clean. And here in Florida , that's easy to do. These are real non car folks, right now, they have a bucket and maybe a mitt and a bottle of turtle wax. Most of them think their detailing is getting a free wash when they get gas.

So without getting into a bunch of brand names of what's best, what would you think would be the absolute barest of necessity on a exterior car care kit? Assume they can do the inside themselves with what they have.

I know how everyone feels about clay but my friends won't do that - even though they should. So I'm thinking it's a wash, an AIO and spray? And all by hand.

Based on what I just experienced, I'd make the all in one the blackfire TPnS, the wash a PB (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/poorboys-world.html) gloss enhancer and the spray Aquawax. The BF poly spray would cross link better, but they don't care about that...Something easy like Meg endurance for the tires

I'll assume the TPnS once a quarter, and the wash, spray and tires every week or so - maybe two weeks

Thoughts?

tw33k2514
02-03-2012, 06:10 PM
I'd get them a good shampoo, a nice mitt, 2 buckets w/ grit guards, and a spray wax.

glen e
02-03-2012, 06:12 PM
I'd get them a good shampoo, a nice mitt, 2 buckets w/ grit guards, and a spray wax.

yeah, i think the AIO will go unused too, but so will two buckets...but def the grit guard.

TLMitchell
02-03-2012, 06:16 PM
IMO, your thinking is right keeping it simple. If they're non-car people how much do they care anyway? When asked I usually recommend Meg's or Mothers because they're available OTC everywhere. A wash soap, cleaner wax and maybe.. maybe a tire spray of some kind. Face it, if they cared about their car enough to care about the products they'd be on the Forum too or asking you to polish their cars for them.

TL

tw33k2514
02-03-2012, 06:18 PM
Is a non car person going to take care to not get a cleaner wax on their trim....

timaishu
02-03-2012, 06:19 PM
If they aren't willing to learn to do it right why bother?

Bacon
02-03-2012, 06:26 PM
Why would you get a non-car person anything? Its like giving a non-golfer golf balls. Buy them a pass to a local car wash

glen e
02-03-2012, 06:27 PM
Don't get me wrong here, we're not talking about heathens from the hills. They asked me. They know I won't do it, but also know a car wash is bad. One is a lady lawyer with a Jag and the other is an engineer that likes to do his own stuff. I'm just saying they won't buy machines and such....Both use wax now...but not very often. The engineer was intrigued when I told him about the advancement of WOWA stuff and saw my car.

mike matchlat
02-03-2012, 07:40 PM
Don't get me wrong here, we're not talking about heathens from the hills. They asked me. They know I won't do it, but also know a car wash is bad. One is a lady lawyer with a Jag and the other is an engineer that likes to do his own stuff. I'm just saying they won't buy machines and such....Both use wax now...but not very often. The engineer was intrigued when I told him about the advancement of WOWA stuff and saw my car.

A good car wash bucket. duragloss car wash. Wash mitt. spray wax megs. And last but not least cg striper scent

Rsurfer
02-03-2012, 09:48 PM
Stripper Scent.

Wheelzntoys
02-03-2012, 10:07 PM
ONR QD ratio in nice spray bottle (outside; inside & windows use); few Cobra plush MFs; spray wax....

Meticulous-Detail
02-04-2012, 06:51 AM
My recommendations:
Soap - DG 901 or CG CWAG
1 or 2 Buckets with Grit Guards
MF Wash mitt/pad
2 Waffle Weave drying towels
Waterless Wash - UWWC+ or Megs New WAWA
Spray Wax - Megs UQW or Synthetic Xpress.............can use these on all exterior surfaces, very easy to apply and remove.

tuscarora dave
02-04-2012, 08:54 AM
If they aren't the type to do the clay work to properly prep the paint for...well...anything, they might have a little fun in seeing their car bleed while allowing Iron X Iron Remover, CQuartz IronX, Paint Cleaner, paint decontamination (http://www.autogeek.net/carpro-iron-x-cleaner.html) to do the work.

Then for a very nice, slick and easy wash without even knowing they are leaving a wax behind you could get them some Poorboys Super Slick & Wax Car Shampoo 32 oz. Limited Supply! (http://www.autogeek.net/poorboys-super-slick-wax-32.html) .

It doesn't get any easier than this.

glen e
02-04-2012, 10:13 AM
I sent this link to my engineer friend that asked me and he was amazed how many ways there are to go on this project. His head is swimming. But he is the more attentive of the two and liked the Duragloss AIO or Blackfire TPnS and a spray wax. So we'll order one of those and get the meg wash and UQW locally. He needs a grit guard, mf mitt and likes the two bucket system too.

I think the lady that asked me will use her local car wash and then use UQW.....

Thanks for all the responses

umi000
02-04-2012, 12:38 PM
I'd concur with your idea - wash, AIO, and spray wax. However, I'd go with OCW for the spray - will give a month or two of protection, and really easy to apply. Keeping the other items within the family, you can then get Optimum Car Wash and Poli-Seal.