PDA

View Full Version : Microfiber Towels

Pages : [1] 2

bigdeal
02-03-2012, 02:34 AM
Other than the towels sold at Autogeek (which I have a number of), who sells the least expensive yet highest quality microfiber towels? I'm talking about plush wax/polish removal and QD towels, not utility or drying towels.

MustangMikeFL
02-03-2012, 03:43 AM
I just got some of the yellow CG super towels in this week and they are very nice for the price point. I started detailing with Meg's supreme shine mf's and I think they're great for being probably the overall cheapest quality mf out there.

Porsche Pilot
02-03-2012, 07:49 AM
Since AG is now selling Chemical Guys products I suppose it is ok to mention them... though AG is not selling their towels yet. I live and die by the Chemical Guys Sasquatch towels. I will not use anything else when the job calls for a plush towel. The price is great.

Setec Astronomy
02-03-2012, 07:54 AM
I don't think any of us can answer the question without running afoul of forum rules.

The current BOGO seems to have a very good deal on a very plush towel: Cobra Deluxe Ultra 600 Microfiber Towel, microfiber buffing towel, microfiber drying towel, detail towel, micro fiber (http://www.autogeek.net/cobra-deluxe-ultra-towel.html)

CamaroSS27
02-03-2012, 09:05 AM
I have plenty of chemical guys mf's they are really nice and cheap

bigdeal
02-03-2012, 10:50 AM
I don't think any of us can answer the question without running afoul of forum rules.

The current BOGO seems to have a very good deal on a very plush towel: Cobra Deluxe Ultra 600 Microfiber Towel, microfiber buffing towel, microfiber drying towel, detail towel, micro fiber (http://www.autogeek.net/cobra-deluxe-ultra-towel.html)
Please forgive my apparent ignorance. Autogeek is certainly my go to location for my detailing needs, but many times there are specialty vendors out there who sell a single, high quality product at a very competitive price that are difficult to overlook. I certainly didn't mean to lay the groundwork to get anyone in trouble, and Autogeek will continue to get the lion's share of my detailing dollars because of their products, pricing, and customer service.

Jaretr1
02-03-2012, 11:47 AM
I think the old saying you get what you pay for applies to Mf towels. I had been buying the megs supreme shine and while they are plush and soft in the beginning, they seem to loose that quality pretty quickly after a few uses and washes. I have just added a few varieties of cobra towels, so hopefully they will stand the test of time a little better.

Stang Man
02-03-2012, 11:52 AM

I had to scoop up a whole mess of those to add to my arsenal!

I read about people using XX amount of towels durig a detail, and figure I should do the same :buffing:

mike matchlat
02-03-2012, 07:45 PM
I had to scoop up a whole mess of those to add to my arsenal!

I read about people using XX amount of towels durig a detail, and figure I should do the same :buffing:

I wish i could still get shamrocks ag use to sell them but people said they linted mine never did

ScubaCougr
02-03-2012, 08:57 PM
I'm one of many on the forum that likes the Poorboys World DMTs for final wipes and LSPs. One side relatively flat, one fluffy, no linting.

The AG rolled edge MF's at 3/$9.99 are roughly equivalent and also pretty nice towels. For more of a utility towel, I also like the black AG wheel towels which can be used almost anywhere.

john b
02-03-2012, 09:03 PM
been waitin a long time to some of the new chinchila towels and the yellow/green rolled edge towels

Meticulous-Detail
02-04-2012, 06:43 AM
I love Adams MF towels! After several washes they are still just as soft and plush as day one. My Cobra MF towels don't feel soft anymore.

5.4 Shelby
02-04-2012, 09:03 AM
NM

tuscarora dave
02-04-2012, 09:06 AM
Poorboy's World

ScottB
02-04-2012, 09:27 AM
I like my Cobras and often find them in BOGO section to add value. Target sells one set of 4 in the Vroom brand (striped) that seem quite nice too.