PDA

View Full Version : Beefing up the Karcher pressure washer gun

Pages : [1] 2

Rav777
02-02-2012, 11:02 PM
- (One) Karcher K Series Bayonet Style Pressure Washer Fitting, Brass or plastic works but make sure you get the one with ¼ threads. AG sells the plastic one. Note: If you plan to get the brass connector it is a pain to put in and take out, I had to hammer mine in with a rubber mallet then twist it into shape, so it’s like a permanent fix. The plastic ones should be easier to take in and out. This is from my recent experience.
- (One) male ¼ threaded quick connect coupler
-Your choice of quick disconnect spray patterns, I prefer the 40 degree spray head.

Here is the brass connector:
http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n519/MikeHunt7771/Karcher.jpg

Here it is attached. You have to hammer this baby in just FYI. Get the plastic one if you plan to take it out often.
http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n519/MikeHunt7771/lance1.jpg

Threaded male QC style coupler
http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n519/MikeHunt7771/lance3.jpg

http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n519/MikeHunt7771/lance5.jpg

I tefloned the Male QC and then tightened it.

http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n519/MikeHunt7771/lance6.jpg

And now you have a short gun!! This is my preference so not sure if most of you will like this set up.

http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n519/MikeHunt7771/lance7.jpg

And here it is with a foam cannon.

http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n519/MikeHunt7771/lance8.jpg

Enjoy!

ProMoDe
02-02-2012, 11:04 PM
That is pretty sweet!

tw33k2514
02-02-2012, 11:06 PM
Great write-up!

I am going to have to give that a try on mine.

Rav777
02-03-2012, 12:21 AM
Thanks guys! Tried it out and it works great!

Getting a gas pressure washer soon so I figured I'd experiment a bit.

slickooz
02-03-2012, 02:24 AM
Is the difference noticeable? Looks like a good mod, I feel mine doesn't have enough pressure sometimes.

Rav777
02-03-2012, 02:42 AM
Hey Gary, you can feel it kick a bit more when you pull the trigger but I am sure it’s because I took off the bulky lance it came with. Definitely feels like you can wave it around like crazy and spray down the car. What Karcher model do you have?

I will add that it does get a bit heavy with the foam cannon (32 ounce can) so I like to keep one hand on the trigger and the other on the cannon.

slickooz
02-03-2012, 03:25 AM
I got the Karcher K 5.540 X Series 2000 psi 1.4 GPM. This pressure washer power was the same as the cheaper Karcher one I had before.

Marc Hufnagel
02-03-2012, 09:57 AM
One reason for that long lance is to keep the high pressure exit far away from the human body. Be careful but nice idea.

Rav777
02-03-2012, 03:00 PM
One reason for that long lance is to keep the high pressure exit far away from the human body. Be careful but nice idea.

Thanks and yeah I am more careful with the smaller guns. When I get my gas pw I will have a longer lance on it. I have been hit with an electric pw spray and while it didn't feel good, it sure is better than having your finger cut with a high psi gas washer.

I got the Karcher K 5.540 X Series 2000 psi 1.4 GPM. This pressure washer power was the same as the cheaper Karcher one I had before.

I have the 1800 X series as well. It had good pressure when I first bought I feel like this thing has already served me well. I am going to jump to a gas model and keep this x series as a spare.

Kristopher1129
02-03-2012, 05:31 PM
You sir, are a genius, ha. :dblthumb2:

Marc Hufnagel
02-03-2012, 06:34 PM
Thanks and yeah I am more careful with the smaller guns. When I get my gas pw I will have a longer lance on it. I have been hit with an electric pw spray and while it didn't feel good, it sure is better than having your finger cut with a high psi gas washer.

I have the 1800 X series as well. It had good pressure when I first bought I feel like this thing has already served me well. I am going to jump to a gas model and keep this x series as a spare.

I was changing tips on one and actually managed to trigger it and cut halfway through my palm right by the thumb first finger junction there. I fell over in the driveway and let out a primal scream. Hurt for a month because of the flexing. 2600psi gas unit.

You'll do that ONCE at the most.

Rav777
02-03-2012, 08:22 PM
You sir, are a genius, ha. :dblthumb2:

Thanks Kris!

Btw really wanted to upgrade to the Kranzle but I got a customer that remodels homes and wants to give me contracts to pressure wash some of them. I figured I 'd just go and get a gas unit with over 200 feet of chord. Its going to have a general brand pump and a Honda Gx engine. Sad thing is they cost about the same. Well $800 for the gas model. Will be about $1000 out the door with reel and hose. Hope this thing last me man.

I was changing tips on one and actually managed to trigger it and cut halfway through my palm right by the thumb first finger junction there. I fell over in the driveway and let out a primal scream. Hurt for a month because of the flexing. 2600psi gas unit.

You'll do that ONCE at the most.

Oh man that must of been painful. You probably hated that pw for a long time.

Kristopher1129
02-03-2012, 09:02 PM
Thanks Kris!

Btw really wanted to upgrade to the Kranzle but I got a customer that remodels homes and wants to give me contracts to pressure wash some of them. I figured I 'd just go and get a gas unit with over 200 feet of chord. Its going to have a general brand pump and a Honda Gx engine. Sad thing is they cost about the same. Well $800 for the gas model. Will be about $1000 out the door with reel and hose. Hope this thing last me man.

I'm sure it will. Word on the street is that the gas models last the longest...especially Hondas. If I had to put money on which would would last, the Kranzle or the Honda...I'd say Honda all day.:dblthumb2:

Nice job landing an account like that! Hope it works out for you. :props:

Pagani Zonda R
02-03-2012, 09:23 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to understand the big "thing" about water compressor. I know it improves the the amount of lb of water coming out of the hose but it will not remove all the dirt.

I cleaned the car of my brother recently and even with 1500 lb of water pressure, the contaminants that were on the car did not remove themselves, we had to use a clay bar and a paint cleaner.

I understand if you have dry mud under the car or under the doors but still...

Marc Hufnagel
02-03-2012, 10:02 PM
Thanks Kris!

Oh man that must of been painful. You probably hated that pw for a long time.

I still cringe thinking about it, that's been about 5 years back now. Just like a laser-sharpened red-hot razor.