PDA

View Full Version : What do I need to use Buff Magic and Pro Polish on my boat?

SeaNile
02-02-2012, 03:13 PM
I have a blue hull (gelcoat) that has a fair amount of oxidation and hazing. I plan on using Buff Magic and Pro Polish and just purchased a circular/rotary polisher from Harbor Freight. The polisher is a 7" model.

What supplies do I need? Backing plate, wool pad for the Buff Magic but what about for the Pro Polish? Do I apply with a foam pad and remove with a clean foam pad?

Thanks for the help.

JK

glen e
02-02-2012, 03:24 PM
I just did the same thing - buff magic is good stuff...

Oxidized gelcoat makeover (Pics) - The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum (http://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-forum/396344-oxidized-gelcoat-makeover-pics.html)

glen e
02-02-2012, 04:04 PM
sorry..written here too....

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/boat-rv-detailing/44909-correcting-oxidized-gelcoat.html

SeaNile
02-02-2012, 04:08 PM
I did see those threads Glen and they inspired me to do it myself rather than spend the $500 for the "pros" to do it.

Just bought the Buff Magic and Pro Polish along with 4 wool pads and 2 gray foam pads for the job.

glen e
02-02-2012, 04:26 PM
I did see those threads Glen and they inspired me to do it myself rather than spend the $500 for the "pros" to do it.

Just bought the Buff Magic and Pro Polish along with 4 wool pads and 2 gray foam pads for the job.

I remember your boat!...

its tough work but it'll work....good luck!

SeaNile
02-02-2012, 04:34 PM
I do miss the Bertram, that Awlgrip was so easy to take care of. Traded the offshore fishing scene for Chesapeake Bay boating with the family. That's what marriage and 2 boys will do to you. Bought a 2004 Rinker 312 and we are having a great time in the rivers swimming all day and grilling on the transom!

glen e
02-02-2012, 05:53 PM
I do miss the Bertram, that Awlgrip was so easy to take care of. Traded the offshore fishing scene for Chesapeake Bay boating with the family. That's what marriage and 2 boys will do to you. Bought a 2004 Rinker 312 and we are having a great time in the rivers swimming all day and grilling on the transom!

a lot less gelcoat - your bridgework was very nice...wool pads will get you there - clean them often...you are doing some serious cutting with them...