PDA

View Full Version : Any other bowlers among us?

M0nk3y
02-02-2012, 03:11 PM
I try to go bowling as much as possible. Mainly in the winter when I'm back at home from college. Use to bowl in high school, but that was 4 years ago.

One year without bowling, couple weeks ago I rolled a 201 average over 3 games.

My balls (hehe):
Rotor Grip Neptune - 15lbs - drilled for skid snap. Bastards can hit high or low and still carry...I love it.
Track Robot Rule - 15lbs - drilled for medium heavy conditions, easy arc with hard snap in the backend. Not as forgiving, but if I can get a good line it carries really well. Usually a 10 pin left if I carry high or low
Spare Ball - 15lbs - well its a spare ball

So anyone else weird as me?

I want to find my ball speed and rev rate...any easy solutions?

alko
02-02-2012, 03:28 PM
I'm not into it as much as you are but I did pick up my own ball and shoes last year. I got a 15lb Ebonite Cyclone. Not sure what the proper terms for the drilling that was done...all I know is I went to a highly recommended pro shop in my area and they asked me a bunch of question...what I wanted to achieve and all that. I really like the Cyclone. Now...to just get better at bowling LOL!!!

rider9195
02-02-2012, 03:42 PM
The closest bowling alley near me use to have a small league during the winter. I never got the chance to join because of other winter sports. But I do go sometimes and play a round or two. Especially when they offer cosmic bowling.

phoenixs1234
02-02-2012, 03:45 PM
I bowled all my life until 4 years ago when I had an accident at work and cant bowl any more. I was a member of the pba for 15 years and was out on tour in 1973-74 and then I jusy bowled the pba regional tournaments.

mwoolfso
02-02-2012, 04:08 PM
I went back into the sport about 2 years ago after taking a 10-year hiatus growing a family and keeping the money flowing in. Last year I purchased a Brunswick C-System 3.5. I am about 10-pins below where I was but slowly I am inching my way back.

shrtbull
02-02-2012, 06:24 PM
Used to bowl, had a 215 average. Have one 300 in league play, years ago. My wife always reminds me, I did it on valentines day.

Gary

Alvin
02-02-2012, 08:50 PM
Never thought I would see this question on this web site, My Papal and Daddy use to take me to the bowling alley when I was 5, I am 53 now so I have been there a while, I have meet great people, and I have meet people who thought they were great LOL as we say in my family nothing hits like a Hammer! I thought I was the end of the bowling generation in my family,my son does not have any interest, but my grandson who I have had rolling a bowling ball in the house since he was 8 months old he is three now and rolling on the alley and hits 100 sometimes loving every minute of it. As for me no 300 not 299 best series 836 actual I dont think anybody is strange that bowls

Bates Detailing
02-02-2012, 08:52 PM
I saw the movies Kingpin and The Big Lebowski - bowling just seemed to dangerous after watching those movies :dunno:

LSUFAN
02-03-2012, 12:16 AM
I have been bowling all my life, well since I was able to walk I'm 26 now. Actually just got back from league about 30 min ago. Was a really good night first game 261 had the front 6 an then left the big four then went off the sheet. Shot 690 tonight almost 7 but owell don't always bowl my best when alcohol is involved. Lol. My dad has been in the bowling industry for over 35 years. He's worked for Kegel for over 15 years an now works for Brunswick, he travels all over the world for his sales job. Also my brother owns two pro shops in Houston TX. Sorry you got me on bowling an I tend to ramble. Not sure what I love more now that I think of it bowling or detailing?................. Now that's the question!! Lol

LSUFAN
02-03-2012, 12:20 AM
I bowled all my life until 4 years ago when I had an accident at work and cant bowl any more. I was a member of the pba for 15 years and was out on tour in 1973-74 and then I jusy bowled the pba regional tournaments.

Which region did you bowl in? Also sorry to hear your not able to throw the rock anymore. Not sure what I'm going todo once that happens

timaishu
02-03-2012, 01:26 AM
I used to go with my friend all the time but stopped because Ive come to the conclusion I will never figure it out. I have a 15 pounder that was drilled to fit my hand when I was into it and sort of learning. I only ever got to the point of somewhat understanding how to throw a curve.

Id say my number one issue is my thumb always gets stuck and pops out. I also cannot figure out how to let the ball do most of the work in regardless to the follow through. :doh:
I guess you could say Im a lost cause.

I think the best Ive ever done is score 170.

phoenixs1234
02-03-2012, 08:36 AM
Which region did you bowl in? Also sorry to hear your not able to throw the rock anymore. Not sure what I'm going todo once that happens
I was in the southern region. I live in Miami. It is tough not being able to bowl anymore. I managed a 60 lane bowling center for 10 years before my last job where I got hurt. Before the managers job I owned the pro shop in that center for 12 years. I grew up in the bowling alley. I started bowling when I was 5 and I was 55 when I got hurt. I have 34 300 games and 20 800 3 game series.