PDA

View Full Version : How?? Was it his system setup?

Mesto
02-02-2012, 02:05 PM
I was recently tinting windows in the shop i work at, and we've been discussing adding mobile detailing services as we had a fall out with the guy we were subcontracting detailing jobs too..

but i noticed he never used a pressure washer..

from the naked eye his setup was.

150gal water tank.
garden hose to pump, and then from the pump was another 30-50ft hose with a regular spray gun/nozzle but it was attached via a quick-connect at the end of the hose and it appeared to be an hose used for air compressors..

now my question is.. how was the pump able to push out that much water through that length of hose without a pressure washer?

it appeared to be a low pressure setup but when he was spraying down the car it seem to have decent pressure coming from the nozzle..

my question is how would we setup up our own setup so we can do the details in house without subcontracting out now that business relationship between them and us is now null and void due to "competitiveness" with Tinting prices.

Audios S6
02-02-2012, 03:33 PM
150gal water tank.
garden hose to pump, and then from the pump was another 30-50ft hose with a regular spray gun/nozzle but it was attached via a quick-connect at the end of the hose and it appeared to be an hose used for air compressors..

now my question is.. how was the pump able to push out that much water through that length of hose without a pressure washer?

From what you are describing, the pump was pressurizing the water.

The mobile guys will probably have some better ideas, but for mobile details: use the owners water supply and you're own elec/gas pressure washer, rinseless wash, a similar tank to your competitor feeding the pressure washer or pump by gravity.

There are even some air driven water pumps available if your shop already has compressed air and you don't want an electric power washer.

Mesto
02-02-2012, 07:48 PM
oh wow sorry about the grammar. lol typed on my phone so i apologize.

Mesto
02-02-2012, 07:50 PM
Oh so what you're saying the pump is what pressurized the water..oh ok..
yes we have several air compressor tanks the big ones.

Mesto
02-02-2012, 08:30 PM
So what should i look for as far as specifications go for the pump? utility? spinkler pump? GPH?GPM? PSI? alot of the pumps i've viewed online or in stores don't actually have how much PSI it produces just how much GPH or GPM (gallons per min)

dragster
02-02-2012, 10:52 PM
Go with a Kranzle pump very small whith 1700 psi. No issues after one year.
Jim

Mesto
02-02-2012, 11:58 PM
^ thanks for your input!

Found a few locally on craigslist so ill be sure to let him know to check it out but let me get it right first..

the process would be.

Open Trailer / Enclosed Trailer / Van../Tahoe

150 Water Tank.
Quality Hoses, and Adapters.
Kranzle Pump..
and a good spray nozzle?..

I have viewed the products offered here and see both a foam lance, and a foam gun.. which one would suit this purpose?

thanks in advance for all the help.

opie_7afe
02-03-2012, 12:53 PM
foam gun = wet watery runny foam and is useless imo, foam cannon = thick fluffy foam that clings, over priced from AG but can be found for cheaper by googling MTM hydro foam lance. good luck

Mesto
02-03-2012, 03:43 PM
Shop Owner, is not feeling the pump because that would require running a generator.. he's being cheap because i have suggested a quiet honda generator or something equivalent but.. i digress LOL im only a tinter and a car audio systems installer but this website makes me feel like a professional detailer so much knowledge!

question is what kind of specs should we look for in gas pumps?