PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Cadillac SUV 1 Step Interior recommendations

bimmerchuck
02-02-2012, 09:58 AM
I need some expert opinions and recommendations please. I am placing another order either tonight or tomorrow and would like to include something for my parents new car. Here's the deal, they keep everything immaculately clean. Non smokers too. They are recently retired and decided to trade both vehicles for 1 new one. There is quite a bit of leather, as most already know, but also some vinyl. At first I was leaning towards Aerospace 303 but that is just a protectant so doesn't do much cleaning. Basically, I am looking for a 1 Step product that I could give them to keep everything clean and protected.

Thanks in advance!

shoeless89
02-02-2012, 10:06 AM
If they keep everything really clean, a regular cleaning shouldn't be mandatory. I love 303 for my dash but for pretty much everything else I like Ultima Interior Guard +. Lasts a long time, applies easily, and gives everything a very soft feel. I would assume their leather is coated but I would check. If not, get some leather conditioner. To check if its coated, put a drop of water on the leather, IF it soaks in then its uncoated and needs to be conditioned. If it sits on the surface then its coated. You can also scratch your fingernail on it and if it leaves a mark then its probably uncoated.

Oh yeah, the best thing that will really clean and leave a little protection behind at the same time would be 1Z Einszett Cockpit Premium Interior Plastic Cleaner , dashboard cleaner, cockpit cleaner, 1Z einsett, einzett (http://www.autogeek.net/1z-einzett-cockpit-premium.html)

Meticulous-Detail
02-02-2012, 10:24 AM
Ultima Interior Guard + or Megs. Quick Interior Detailer

bimmerchuck
02-02-2012, 10:24 AM
Yes it is coated leather. I did forget to mention that. I just looked at the UIG+ and it bugs me a little. Maybe I am looking too much at the 'old days' but a product that sits atop vinyl would not let it breathe and eventually dry it out. However, I also realize that the products sold by AG are not 'damaging' products. For me it is just a mindset thing.

bimmerchuck
02-02-2012, 10:27 AM
:surrender: Ok, thats 2 for UIG+...my mindset looks like it new a 'new times and age adjustment'.

daveinsweethome
02-02-2012, 11:05 AM
wife has a srx and i use ultima. leather just gets softer and softer. great vehicle

feslope
02-02-2012, 11:25 AM
UIG+ Once you go from "Slide to Glide" you will never use anything else on leather.

BWG707
02-02-2012, 12:53 PM
+1- 1z Cockpit Premium Interior Plastic Cleaner. I really like the Satin, non-greasy, dry to the touch finish it leaves.

bimmerchuck
02-03-2012, 10:23 PM
Just placed an order for the UIG+, some good quality microfibers and a plush chenile wash mitt. Ofcourse I got me some goodies too. Thanks again for all the input!

AeroCleanse
02-03-2012, 11:06 PM
1z Cockpit Premium

Robert8194
02-04-2012, 10:04 AM
1z Cockpit Premium

I love 1z cockpit but do you use it on leather? The description speaks only to plastics with No mention of leather.