PDA

View Full Version : Time saving tip

shineFXdetail
03-03-2007, 05:02 PM
For those who are searching for ways to cut down on their detail time.I have started taking a stop watch with me. Keeps me conscious of my time has cut my time on full details by about 45 minutes and works wonders wih employees. Set it for exterior and interior. Hopes this helps somebody.:righton:

nick19
03-03-2007, 06:20 PM
For those who are searching for ways to cut down on their detail time.I have started taking a stop watch with me. Keeps me conscious of my time has cut my time on full details by about 45 minutes and works wonders wih employees. Set it for exterior and interior. Hopes this helps somebody.:righton:

You cut off 45 minutes by using a stop watch?

Nica
03-03-2007, 06:37 PM
I use a stop watch when I'm polishing, this helps me see how long I've worked the polish.

shineFXdetail, do you mean you give your self/employees a xx amount of time to complete a task? If that is the case then yes I understand, I guess if you look at it the other way as well is that you use a stop watch to see how much time you spend in one area...I'm assuming that's what you mean.

ScottB
03-03-2007, 07:23 PM
I use to have the wife come out and scream if I took over an hour, but somehow I kept taking longer and longer after she started screaming. :p

bambo2888
03-03-2007, 07:23 PM
You cut off 45 minutes by using a stop watch?

he mean that by being time-conscious, he doesnt spend/waste time in certain areas, this takes off from his original, un monitored time.

justin_murphy
03-03-2007, 07:24 PM
I use to have the wife come out and scream if I took over an hour, but somehow I kept taking longer and longer after she started screaming. :p

I use this method as well. Works good for when I'm playing my Wii too!

Nuke33
03-03-2007, 07:33 PM
HEHEHE wii looks sick

bambo2888
03-03-2007, 08:02 PM

OMG, hes a detailing master AND play Wii, once againt, another reason why we are marrying...

shineFXdetail
03-03-2007, 08:44 PM
Always trying to shave seconds off my details but keep the quality. Time is money. $5 minutes off my original time unmonitored.As a full time pro i cant spend 6 hours on a car wish i could though. I have to say enough is enough some how.

justin_murphy
03-03-2007, 09:13 PM
OMG, hes a detailing master AND play Wii, once againt, another reason why we are marrying...

You are a woman right?

LOL!

I look at my watch at the start and the end of every detail. I've actually slowed myself some now. I want to enjoy myself while I can. This summer is going to be mad!

Jimmie
03-03-2007, 09:38 PM

:) LOL!

Thanks for the tip. I'm going to give it a try.
Currently using a little digital kitchen timer to count down my polishing time. It will count up also. It's a cool tool. It's got a clamp to put on your belt, or a small magnet to attach to a bumper.

Tex Star Detail
03-03-2007, 09:44 PM
I time myself as well, but not with a stop watch. I usually note the time I hop out of my truck. I always do an interior first. After I complete the interior, I run to my truck to grab a quick drink and check the time. (sometimes, LOL)
Then when I am finished all together and get back in the truck, I check the time.

I have been shaving a bit of time off my details lately as well. More-so since the beginning of 2007, when I made a vow to quit doing extras without getting paid.

I did a 2006? Black, Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, (4dr) in a tad more than 4 hours the other day. And an 03 stang today in just under 2.5 hours.

One thing that has been saving my tail...... PwS....... Period.

Edit.... I get in my "zone" as well. Once I get in that, everything else is blacked out. Seriously. When the customer comes up to me, it scares the ish out of me.....

klumzypinoy
03-04-2007, 04:34 AM

SICK you play WII! I love playing Trauma Center and a few other games.

I haven't timed myself yet, but I should. I notice I have gone a bit faster than previous washes.