PDA

View Full Version : What LSP would you use?

LSUFAN
02-01-2012, 08:52 PM
Hey guys well last night we went out an bought a 08 BMW 328I, an being that it was dark i couldn't really see the true condition of the paint with the Brinkman so i got up extra early this morning just to take a better look. Very light swirls but def needed to be iorn-x/claybar. so after my full day of detailing got cut short by rain i came home an started working on her. Washed with CG CW&G and meg's apc+, after a good wash to remove any glaze/lsp and while still wet went ahead an clayed, then iron-x the whole car pressure washed the car off well an went ahead an gave it a quick wash to be sure all contaminants were removed. dryed it off an pulled it under the carport an the skys opened up. i have about 50% of her polished out and will finish in the morning being that i wont be detailing clients vehicles (rain). my question is since it will be raining till saturday im wondering what lsp to use being that the car will be getting wet tomorrow night when i drive to bowling and wont have a 12 hr cure time. i was going to use WG deep gloss sealant but again 12 hr cure time. The wax/sealants i have are
WG Deep gloss paint sealant
WG fuzion
WG deep gloss spritz sealant
max wax
blackfire midnight sun
klasse
opti-coat 2.0 (plan on doing later down the road)
Megs #21 synthetic sealant 2.0
optimum car wax
ultima paint guard plus
and maybe a few others but cant think of them at the moment.
i will prob have a 2-3 hr window for cure time. Thanks guys and ill be doing a full write up soon. but here are a few pics

glen e
02-01-2012, 08:59 PM
ultima needs 45 min and you can apply again...

LSUFAN
02-01-2012, 09:10 PM
how dose ultima affect gloss an depth. the only thing ive ever used ultima is for the front end of customers cars to help with bugs for the next wash, works great for that. lol

glen e
02-01-2012, 09:24 PM
3 coats and it's candy - click on my pic on my sig...
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/gersly123/b4b410c7.jpg

lokichaos
02-01-2012, 09:46 PM
I'd just go with Collinite 845 if you have it. 2-3 hrs should be more than enough to cure that.
If you don't have 845 then I agree with glen e, go for the ultima.

Dr Oldz
02-01-2012, 10:04 PM
Ultima still needs 12 hours b4 it can get wet. The 45min time is just for application of additional layers.

I would go with the nuba based products if I knew it was going to get wet shortly.

toycar18
02-01-2012, 10:11 PM
If you plan on opti-coat then why wait?

I would do it when the car is newest and the paint is prefect. If not Ultima is the way to go.

AeroCleanse
02-01-2012, 10:18 PM
If you have opti-coat 2.0 I would use that

LSUFAN
02-01-2012, 10:27 PM
what affect will the water have on a sealant/wax if not fully cured. i really just need it to last a few weeks until i can get an order together to get more opti-coat in (not enough to finish entire car toycar18). If need be ill reapply in a few days when i do have more time to let it fully cure. I just dont want to take it out without any protectant.

CEE DOG
02-01-2012, 11:02 PM
Cquartz can get wet an hour after removal.

UPGP still needs cure time. You can layer after 45 minutes though.
It gives more gloss than anything but not as much depth.

ShaunD
02-01-2012, 11:17 PM
I would just spray on some WGDGSS if you plan on redoing the LSP in a few days anyway. Anything will work, it's just a matter of what will handle the rain best and allow you to top it again in a few days. Fuzion may have a better chance in the rain than WG spritz sealant, and can still top it with another LSP later.

LSUFAN
02-01-2012, 11:42 PM
well with everyone's answers i think I'm going to do a lil experiment. since i plan on reapplying in a few days anyway. I'm going to do a different wax/sealant per panel (except Opti-coat an Klasse) and just to see how well they each hold up with limited cure time and wet weather for a few days. Then when the weather clears up I'll strip an reapply whatever LSP I'm in the mood for that day.i Will let everyone know my findings if any.

umi000
02-02-2012, 12:14 AM
I'd use a carnauba wax (maybe the DP Max Wax?), if you have concerns about the car getting wet while the LSP is curing. (Probably wouldn't use Fuzion or MS, as I believe they both have polymers which need to cross-link). If need be, you can top with OCW - should be good for a couple of weeks. Then, when you have the time (and the weather), do a quick stripping wash and apply your actual LSP of choice.