PDA

View Full Version : Quick Detailer / Gloss Enhancer after Drying

Pages : [1] 2

bigdeal
02-01-2012, 12:59 AM
My standard process when washing my truck is to use a leaf blower to blow off the surface after washing, then finish my drying effort with a good waffle weave towel. The process has worked very well for me. Then, if polishing/waxing is not possible due to time or other constraints, I apply a coat of Poorboy's QD+ to the paint and chrome with a couple Cobra MF's to try and restore some pop to the finish, and provide some protection. The QD+ is pretty good stuff, and doesn't break the bank.

What I want to know is, what do others use after washing and/or in between washes to do quick detailing, generate high gloss, and provide protection?

Dr Oldz
02-01-2012, 01:04 AM
I use Optimum Car Wax most times. Adds some protection, easy to work with and doesn't break the bank at a gallon pricing. I also find it to be the longest lasting spray wax on the market. There are many good ones....so stay tuned for other suggestions......

tw33k2514
02-01-2012, 01:04 AM
XMT spray wax is on BOGO, and it is my new favorite.

DaHen
02-01-2012, 04:51 AM
Had been using XMT's Final Finish Instant Detailer. Then they came out with their 360 Spray Wax. Which is also my new favorite.

But, gotta use up the Final Finish. So still use that at times.

jpegs13
02-01-2012, 05:24 AM
Pinnacle Crystal Mist for me.....

umi000
02-01-2012, 06:16 AM
I use Optimum Car Wax, Ultimate Quik Wax, and Optimum Instant Detailer. I also have some samples of Duragloss Aquawax, Blackfire Deep Gloss Spray Sealant and Chemical Guys Hybrid V7 that I've yet to use, as well as some XMT 360 Spray Wax on the way.

Detail_Dude
02-01-2012, 08:14 AM
I used Meg's Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax (similar/same as Ultimate Quick Wax) last Saturday and noticed nice tight beading on the hood of my Jet Black BMW in rainy Long Island this morning. Sorry - no pics.

CG Hybrid V7 and Blackfire Deep Gloss Sealant Spritz do well, too.

I have Optimum Spray Wax, but have not used it yet.

alko
02-01-2012, 09:05 AM
+1 on the XMT 360 Spray Wax. I use it after every wash and it makes the car look fantastic. It give it a nice deep wet look and it provides alot of protection for a spray wax. I absolutely love this stuff.

dad07
02-01-2012, 09:15 AM
meg's synthetic x-press wax
Optimum car wax
DG aquawax

I really like all 3 and they are all about same price in gallon sizes.

I find myself using aquawax the most.

glen e
02-01-2012, 10:10 AM
The new BF Is killer stuff but the aqua wax or Meg's quik wax is a lot cheaper and works well
BF for my HS reunion
Aqua wax for everyday ...

LOL

Mustang81
02-01-2012, 10:33 AM
I use the Megs. Ultimate Quick Detailer, but am considering moving to the BF stuff as I just picked up some BFWD when it was on sale and I want to stay "in the system" for my protection racket, er coatings.

bigdeal
02-01-2012, 01:28 PM
What's 'BF' and 'BFWD'? Is this Blackfire stuff? Sorry, newbie when it comes to all the acronyms.

ShaunD
02-01-2012, 02:11 PM
303 detailer is great as it cleans, shines, and protects, and is not expensive in the 32oz bottle. I use Megs Ult QD and QW and for a shine prefer the QW, but don't know how long its protection/water beading last. Kinda depends on what state your LSP is in to determine what product will give you what you're looking for IMO. A spray wax is a must for a vehicle with little to no LSP, while QD is a great in between for fresher LSP.
I really like Wolfgang's Spritz Sealant for a touchup LSP after a thorough cleaning as I can WOWO while drying. Or CarPro Reload. It is very comparable to OPT Opti Seal, and easier to apply in some regards. Something more like 303 Speed Detailer or Meg's UQD is what I will use on a vehicle that may need some light cleaning after a wash, and still get a little boost to the LSP.

Rsurfer
02-01-2012, 02:57 PM
For a drying aid, it's hard to beat Prima Hydro.

AFRich337
02-01-2012, 04:13 PM
I really like Finish Kare 425 for slickness and gloss, but it doesn't last as long as Optimum Car Wax. Those are the only two products I use during or after drying.