PDA

View Full Version : New BF plan would it be overkill?

ryanmcg1
01-31-2012, 09:04 PM
I haven't tried any BF products due to I been happy using Wolfgang. Now with the new formulas I am itching to exclusively use only BF this spring on my vehicles. I plan on using BFWDPP, followed by BF CS once a month after a good wash, followed by the BF polymer spray after every wash or 2. Keep in mind during the spring and summer months I wash my vehicle at least once a week maybe twice depending on how much grain dust falls out on my car in my works parking lot from the grain elevator next door not to mention the fall out at the oil refinery I work at and dust from these country roads around here. Will this combination be too much? I didn't think soo since I have to wash my car soo much and I know it degrades the sealant and wax over time with these harsh conditions down here. All opionions helpfull or criticizing ones welcome that's what helps us at times become better at everything we do in life.

Dr Oldz
01-31-2012, 09:16 PM
It sounds good to me. If you are going to stay in the BF family of products, I would consider the WW and the shampoo as they all have the polymers in them to help the paint looking good and stay protected. I would also check if you need to clay every so often using the Plastic baggie method.

ryanmcg1
01-31-2012, 09:28 PM
Thanks Jim, yea I will check if I need to clay and/or iron x as needed considering there is railroads a street over from my house and I have to cross over 2 of them everyday several times. I am considering the rinseless as well as the waterless wash now, before I was gonna give the DPRWG a try but BF looks promising.

ryanmcg1
02-01-2012, 01:48 PM
Bump... Just for any other thoughts today.

Mustang81
02-01-2012, 01:59 PM
I would certainly clay the car before applying any of the protection. Then just keep an eye on it.

I think you might be going overkill with the CS just based off of the product description, especially if you're using all BF products which are supposed to renew the protection of the other BF sealants. I can't say for sure, but it sounds like a protection that's supposed to last a very very long time.

embolism
02-01-2012, 02:53 PM
why not just put a coating on it?

ryanmcg1
02-01-2012, 03:40 PM
I deff know not to skip claying when needed. I was just wondering how frequently should a WOWA products be applied on top of BFWD? Basically I was just gonna use the BF Poly spray just to amp up the shine and extend the sealants life. Just thought maybe this is way overkill but not being a Black Fire I thought I should just ask the forum to see if I'm be wasting time and product.

ryanmcg1
02-01-2012, 03:43 PM
why not just put a coating on it?
I'm really not ready for a coating because you can't top them with a wax, sealant, or spray wax. I know there's reload for cQuarts but what about trying to top OC it just last a few days or next wash? I will be trying to acquire some OC from somebody enough to coat my chrome wheels and that's it.

embolism
02-01-2012, 04:33 PM
Bill (LegacyGT) just applied some midnight sun (old and new formula) on his OC coated car. Maybe he can give you an idea of durability.

It's got to be more than 2 days, especially on the new OC which can be layered (which to me means, stuff will stick to it)

Kaban
02-02-2012, 01:49 AM
Only on a detailing forum does "BF" stand for Blackfire and not "boyfriend" and doesn't cause confusion among the members haha.