PDA

View Full Version : What is the next logical step?

cfarley27
01-30-2012, 02:27 PM
Hey guys, I was working on my 2009 Jetta the other day and removed the swirls from the hood of my car but found some RIDS. The combination I used was XMT Swirl Remover 2 and a LC orange 5.5 foam pad.

To get rid of the RIDs should I move up the pad first or to a more aggressive polish/compound?

Thanks guys

cfarley27
01-30-2012, 02:31 PM
Sorry, this was using a PC 7424 XP

tw33k2514
01-30-2012, 02:34 PM
Most likely you will need to use a more aggressive product. I highly doubt using an aggressive pad and swirl remover 2 will get the RIDS. But then again who knows? Test spots are your best friend. They may even be to deep to safely remove....

cfarley27
01-30-2012, 02:39 PM
Most likely you will need to use a more aggressive product. I highly doubt using an aggressive pad and swirl remover 2 will get the RIDS. But then again who knows? Test spots are your best friend. They may even be to deep to safely remove....

I can run my fingernail over them and have it not catch, which leads me to believe I can remove them using my DA. VW clear is incredibly hard though. Would trying Megs Ultimate Compound be a good step up, or should I shop for something like Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover?

Thank you for the help.