PDA

View Full Version : White Camry Problems...

pcw25
01-29-2012, 10:12 PM
My Toyota Camry (DD) is in pretty good shape for being an 07 with 130,000 miles. The car's paint has NEVER gone flat (water always beads off it). I seems that with the super white I see gray areas (spotty) if you look closely. I also see a bunch of random yellow/black dots everywhere. To the normal person, it would look great. It has light swirls, and I've never done a paint correction on it, ever. I apologize for no pictures, we had a freak snowstorm where there was LITERALLY an inch on the ground in less than 5 minutes. Suggestions?

Vegas Transplant
01-29-2012, 11:41 PM
wash,
ironx
tarminator
clay
xmt360
xmt180

Monster Shine
01-29-2012, 11:47 PM
What you are seeing is quite likely tar and built up grime. There is also very likely some overspray from road painting etc and some rail dust. If you don't feel like buffing I would:

Wash (Two Bucket)
IronX
TarX
Clay
Sealant & Wax

Ideally it is probably in need of a full correction if you do have the equipment.

Vegas Transplant
01-30-2012, 01:13 AM
360 has some cleaning ability.

Alex Boyce
01-30-2012, 01:32 AM
Yup sounds like you have some tar spots and rail dust. Very common to see this on white, it sticks out like a soar thumb.

Like everyone else says do a good decontamination or clay and polish it. A simple cleaner polish should work very well and will help with some of the light swirls.

Monster Shine
01-30-2012, 02:51 AM
360 has some cleaning ability.

Very true, I haven't had any XMT experience.

However, I think the 360 and 180 combo would be a good one if you feel like doing a correction given what I have heard and seen.